When it comes to family travel, I truly believe in exploring where we are from. We love day trips, weekend adventures, and exploring New Brunswick.
We are sharing mainly our family travel of weekend wanderings, day trips within 2-3 hours of Moncton, New Brunswick (where we are from), and some longer adventures we have had in Atlantic Canada.
Any other travel will be shared in the appropriate categories.
- Road Tripping 101 – Summer Road trip Check List (plus free download)
- Road Tripping 101 – Winter Road Trip Check List (plus free download)
- Road tripping 101- How To Save Money On Gas!
- Travel Tuesday – An Organized Car
- Travel Tuesday – What To Pack In Your Beach Bag
- Travel Tuesday – Get Your FREE Canadian Travel Guides
- Travel Tuesday – Just Take It Easy
- Travel Tuesday – Protecting Electronics In Winter
- Travel Tuesday – Tips For Winter Travel With Your Dog
Resources for family staycation ideas and day trip ideas in New Brunswick.
#StopToSeeNB – Visiting Hometowns In NB
Our family staycations in New Brunswick are highlighting where we stayed, what we ate and what we did in each location featured.
Where To Stay In New Brunswick (featuring Family & Dog Friendly accommodations)
- Storeytown Cottages (Doaktown, NB)
- Windsbreath Celebrations & Retreats (Sackville, NB)
- Fundy Cabins (Alma, NB)
- Danny’s Hotel (Bathurst, NB)
- Mazelton Yurt (Rexton, NB)
- Sejour Kouchibouguac Resort (Saint Louis, NB)
Use this link and book your first Airbnb Stay at any location (referral link)
Day Tripping In NB
Are you looking for day trip or staycation ideas in New Brunswick? Here are some places our family has visited. We continue to add to this list each year. Let us know what your favourite New Brunswick day trip is.
- Daytripping In NB With Kids
- Hopewell Rocks (Hopewell Cape, NB)
- Fundy Trail Parkway (Salmon River /St. Martin’s, NB)
- Fort Beausejour (Aulac, NB)
- Cape Jourimain Nature Center (Cape Jourimain, NB at the start of Confederation Bridge)
- Kingsbrae Gardens(St. Andrew’s, NB)
- Huntsman Marine(St. Andrew’s, NB)
- Resurgo Place (Moncton, NB)
- 11 Free Family Activities In Moncton
- Winter Sleigh Rides in New Brunswick
- Roadside Attractions In New Brunswick
- Sugar Shacks and Maple Producers in New Brunswick
Discover NB Beaches
Featuring mostly dog-friendly, relaxing, coastal beaches. We are starting to document more beaches each season, so keep an eye on this list!
- Tuft’s Point and Long Beach (Fundy Trail)
- Point Wolf Beach (Fundy National Park)
- Herring Cove Beach (Fundy National Park)
- Irving Nature Park (Saint John, NB)
- Gardner Creek Beach (Gardner Creek, NB)
- Reeds Beach (Gardner Creek, NB)
- McLeod’s Beach (Black River, NB)
- Black Beach (Lorneville, NB)
- Crow Island Rd Beach (Little Dipper Harbour, NB)
Things To Do In Greater Moncton
- Free Family Activities In Moncton
- Magnetic Hill Zoo (featuring Breakfast with the Tigers)
- Wild Lights At Magnetic Hill Zoo
- Resurgo Place (Moncton, NB)
- Outdoor Skating In Moncton
Day tripping in NS
- Maritime Museum Of The Atlantic (Halifax, NS)
- The Discovery Centre (Halifax, NS)
- Joggins Fossil Cliffs (Joggins, NS)
- April Getaway – Halifax, NS
PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND
- Jack Frost Children’s Winterfest – Charlottetown, PEI
Where have you been lately, and what have you learned in your own backyard?
Are you looking for ways to promote your business or travel destination in Atlantic Canada?
We would love to help you out. If we can plan a trip to include your accommodations, restaurant, experience, or adventure, we would love to work with you. Our readers are loving our local Maritime content, and we are having a blast supporting local businesses!!
Please contact Ruth Ann (firstname.lastname@example.org) for rates and promo ideas.