Over the past few summers, my boys and I have spent many hours on the road, visiting and exploring our beautiful New Brunswick coastline. As I thought about a theme for a New Brunswick Christmas Tree, my very first thought was to create a tree that represents all those fun day trips and adventures we have spent as a family. Family is our focus this time of year, so we decided to create some ornaments that cherish those tidbits of time spent Discovering NB Beaches. There is so much more to explore in NB, and I look forward to adding more hand made ornaments to this tree each year.
Pebble Beach is a such a beautiful spot, fun for the kids, wonderful to photograph and at low tide, lots of space to hike and explore. Pebble Beach is part of the Cape Enrage Nature Preserve just north of Cape Enrage, on the Bay of Fundy in Albert County.
Did you know we have a beach, right here in New Brunswick, that has black sand? Black Beach is located minutes outside of Saint John, in Lorneville.
When travelling from Saint John to St Martin's on Route 111, why not venture along the coast via Route 825 and visit a few beaches along the way? McLeod's Beach is the first of 3 beaches you will come across.
There is no parking, so we pulled off along the side of the road, there are a few spots with a little shoulder. When the tide is out,
As you can tell, based on our previous beach adventures, we have been visiting some beaches on some windy and cooler days. To be fair, often it is much warmer and even sunny inland, but when you head towards the Fundy Coast, you never know what's in store. When heading out on any road trip, and especially a beach trip, always dress in layers and pack a sweatshirt!
We are enjoying our summer and setting out each week, or so to #discoverNBbeaches to share with you. We hope you are enjoying this series, and would love any suggestions on beaches to visit!
A recent outing, on a cool and breezy Spring day, led us to explore Gardner Creek Beach on route 825, NB. It is located along the Fundy coast between Saint John and St. Martin's, about 1.5 hours drive from Moncton, 30 minutes from Saint John, and about 15 minutes from St. Martin's.
In 2017, we ( the boys and I) spent our summer in Quispamsis, caring for my mom after her stroke. Exploring beaches was one of the things we did to get away from the hospital and get the boys outside. We went to the Irving Nature Park a few times over the summer, and here are some of our photos and the details on the park.
When it comes to family travel, I truly believe in exploring where we are from. We love day trips, weekend adventures and to explore Atlantic Canada.
We are sharing mainly our weekend wanderings, day trips within 2-3 hours of Moncton, NB (where we are from), and some longer adventures we have had in Atlantic Canada.
Any other travel will be shared in the appropriate categories.
- Winter Road Trip Check List (plus free download)
- Summer Road trip Check List (plus free download)
- Travel Tuesday - Protecting Electronics In Winter
- Travel Tuesday - Tips For Winter Travel With Your Dog
- Travel Tuesday - An Organized Car
- Travel Tuesday - What To Pack In Your Beach Bag
- Travel Tuesday - Get Your FREE Canadian Travel Guides
- Travel Tuesday - Just Take It Easy
Where To Stay In NB
- Storeytown Cottages (Doaktown, NB)
Day Tripping In NB
- Daytripping In NB With Kids
- Hopewell Rocks (Hopewell Cape, NB)
- Fundy Trail Parkway (Salmon River /St. Martin's, NB)
- Fort Beausejour (Aulac, NB)
- Cape Jourimain Nature Center (Cape Jourimain, NB at the start of Confederation Bridge)
- Kingsbrae Gardens(St. Andrew's, NB)
- Huntsman Marine(St. Andrew's, NB)
- 11 Free Family Activities In Moncton
- Winter Sleigh Rides in New Brunswick
Discover NB Beaches
- Tuft's Point and Long Beach (Fundy Trail)
- Point Wolf Beach (Fundy National Park)
- Herring Cove Beach (Fundy National Park)
- Irving Nature Park (Saint John, NB)
- Gardner Creek Beach (Gardner Creek, NB)
- Reeds Beach (Gardner Creek, NB)
- Black Beach (Lorneville, NB)
Things To Do In Greater Moncton
Day tripping in NS
- Maritime Museum Of the Atlantic (Halifax, NS)
- The Discovery Centre (Halifax, NS)
- Joggins Fossil Cliffs (Joggins, NS)
- April Getaway - Halifax, NS
PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND
- Jack Frost Children's Winterfest - Charlottetown, PEI
Where have you been lately, and what have you learned in your own back yard?
Are you looking for ways to promote your business or travel destination in Atlantic Canada?
We would love to help you out. If we can plan a trip to include your accommodations, restaurant, experience, or adventure, we would love to work with you. Our readers are loving our local Maritime content, and we are having a blast supporting local businesses!!
Please contact Ruth Ann (firstname.lastname@example.org) for rates and promo ideas.
Discover NB Beaches - Herring Cove Beach
Herring Cove Beach is another Fundy National Park beach that we visit yearly. Over the years it has remained a popular beach with access from two trails.
One of my favourite spots in Fundy National Park is Point Wolf Beach.
Just before crossing the Point Wolf covered bridge, be sure to stop at the Red Chairs and enjoy the view.
FUN FACT: There are about 60 covered bridges in New Brunswick. This one was built in 1992 and is 29m long.