March means Maple Syrup, Sugar Camps, Maple Candy, Maple Cones and lots of other yummy treats!
As a local Moncton family lifestyle blog, we are sharing family-friendly activities around New Brunswick, like our Sleigh Rides in NB, Outdoor Skating In Moncton, Winter Festivals In New Brunswick and more. Here is the 2020 updated list of Sugar Camps and Maple Producers for you to support locally in New Brunswick.
What makes visiting a sugar camp so fun? Sometimes, there is a pancake breakfast involved, with lots of opportunities to try Maple syrup and other products. Often times the producers allow you to walk the property, visit and experience the process of boiling the sap to create the maple syrup and try some samples. Below you will find a list of the Maple Sugar Camps and maple producers we know of in New Brunswick. If you know of any we forgot, please let us know so we can add their info.
Sugar Bushes in South Eastern Region of New Brunswick
- Renton Brother's Family Sugar Bush - Renton Brothers is a 5th generation family sugarbush located in Stilesville, which is just north of Moncton. They run Saturday and Sunday from 9:30 am to 4 pm. You will find Maple Syrup, Maple Cream, Maple Candy, and more (they may even have some Maple Cotton Candy!!) Opens March 9th, 2019. Located at 1270 Gorge Rd, Moncton, NB.
- Trites Maples - Enjoy a visit to their pancake house and sugar camp. Located on Gorge Road/ Camp #4 (green roof) Maple Ridge Trail. Park near the Visions United Church and walk along the trail for 15 minutes through beautiful mature maple woods passing camp #1 (Trites Family Sugarbush camp), camp #2 (Renton Brothers camp), and passing camp #3 (Kelly's camp) until you see the camp with the green metal roof. *Cash Only*
- Trites Family Sugarbush- Pancake breakfast with baked beans, sausages and all you can eat taffy. Guided tours available as well. Located at 1278 Gorge Rd. Stilesville, NB. Call: 506-384-4850
- Moncton Maple Sugar Camp - Learn how tree sap turns into maple syrup. Guided tours available Saturday and Sunday at 11 am and 2 pm or by appointment. Open daily March and April, 11 am to 4 pm. Located at 6 Dewey Rd., Coverdale, NB. (Free Admission, samples and parking)
- Sugarbush La Causerie - Taffy-on-the-snow is offered on the weekends in March through April in their outdoor area, and a breakfast buffet is available as well. Located at 178 Sucrerie Road Sainte-Marie-de-Kent, NB. Site open year-round for event rentals. Call: 506-955-9082
- Briggs Maples - Briggs Maples located at 391 Coverdale Rd., Riverview, NB., is a retail storefront for their wholesale business that provides quality Maple products to stores across New Brunswick. Here are their products. Open 10 - 5 daily and noon to 5 on Sunday.
J. Prosser and Sons Maple Products - They are seventh-generation maple syrup producers with a sugar camp located in South Branch, Kings County. Check their Facebook page for public openings and offerings. Located at 11286 Route 114, NB
Sugar Bushes in Southern Region of New Brunswick
- Elmhurst Outdoors - Maple Sugar Bush Tours & Pancakes. March 14 - April 11, 2020 Reservation Required. Located on the Kingston Penninsula, 65 Ganong Road, Erbs Cove, NB.
Sugar Bushes in Western Region of New Brunswick
- Dumfries Sugarbush - Hearty pancake breakfast offered daily at 9 am, taffy in the snow and tours available on weekends & snowshoe trails and rentals available.
7520 Route 102, NB (near Nackawic) Call 1-(506) 575-8277 *Cash Only*
- King's Landing Sugarbush - Kings Landing’s 37th Annual Sugar Bush March 7-8 and 14-15, each day from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. There is also a pancake breakfast available each day 8:30 a.m. until 2 p.m. in the Welcome Centre.
2020 rates: Family (2 adults + 2 youth) $16.00; Additional youth $2.00 // Adult $8.00 // Child $4.00 // 5 & under FREE , and “Long-Lick” $2 each (maple candy on the snow)Located at 5804 Route 102, Prince William, NB.
Kenneth Maple Farms - Taffy on the snow and evaporator running on weekends. Open hours are Monday to Wednesday from 8h00 to 13h00 and Thursday to Sunday from 8h00 to 17h00 Located at 71 Kenneth Rd. West Glassville, NB
- Golden Ridge Maple Sugary - On-site sap processing, guided tours. Located at 571Knowlesville Rd, Knowlesville, NB (Feb 29-April 22) call 1-(506) 375-6027
- Royalview Maples - Locally owned and operated sugar bush in Royalton NB. Producing quality pure maple syrup and pure maple syrup products since 1991. Located at 300 Royalton Rd. Royalton, NB E7K2G9.
Skedaddle Maple (Hilltop Farm Group) - Skedaddle Maple produces 100% pure, oak aged, organic maple syrup and other natural maple products. Located at 11 Croissant Hilltop, Wicklow, New Brunswick
Sugar Bushes in North Western Region of New Brunswick
- Sucrerie La Source De L'Erable - Large facility that offers breakfasts. Located at 265 Route 180, Des Resources Rd, Saint-Quentin, NB. Call for details 506-235-2519
- Festival de l'érable de l'atlantique - Maple Festival is happening April 1st, through 5th, 2020. For a full list of activities visit their facebook page.
Paradis de la Petite Montagne - Open weekends Starting March 29th through April 21st, 2020. Friday: 4h00 p.m. to 8h00 p.m. - Saturday: 11h00 a.m. to 8h00 p.m. - Sunday: 10h00 a.m. to 8h00 p.m. Located at 472, Chemin de la P'tite Montagne, Saint-André, NB
Érablière de la Montagne Verte- Producers of organic maple products. (sugar, syrup, caramel, and butter) Located at 1164, du Pouvoir Rd. Saint-Joseph-de-Madawaska, NB. Coulis Divin™ products found in Atlantic Superstore, Sobey's, Frank's Bar & Grill and Sucré Salé.
Érablière La Kabane - St-Anne / Grand Falls, NB
Érablière Unique - 160 Beaulieu Road, Saint-François de Madawaska, NB
Lavoie Maple Sugar House - A fifth-generation family-owned farm offering maple products are handmade in small batches with the greatest of care. Located at 346, Chemin David, Rivière-Verte, NB
Sugar Bushes in North Eastern Region of New Brunswick
Sucrerie Chiasson - The brunch buffet is served at our 2 locations every weekend, from 9 am to 1 pm on Saturdays and from 8 am to 1 pm on Sundays, starting Feb 23rd, 2020. Located at two locations: 1871, rue Bellechasse & 244, rue des Érables, Paquetville, N.-B. (Interact accepted)
- Riordon Maple Products - Products can be found at the Bathurst Farmer's Market. Located at 9083 Route 11, Pokeshaw, NB Call:506-546-4004