Here is this week's $25 meal plan. The plan includes Sheet Pan Chicken & Veggies, Omelets, Lentil Soup and more. 5 family-friendly frugal meals on a budget each week based on sales in Atlantic Canada.
The whole idea in sharing these plans is to inspire you to find lower-cost options and plan ahead to save time and money. If you have specific dietary needs, you can alter some recipes or create your own plans. This is for inspiration, to prove it is possible to feed a family of 4 for supper meals on $25/week...customize as you wish. You can do it!
This $25 meal plan offers suggestions for anyone trying to really cut costs while keeping meals as "real food" or "from scratch" and unprocessed as possible. These are not my personal weekly meal plans, they are simple suggestions for meals on a budget. By providing 4-5 meal options for the week, there are usually leftovers that will cover the other days.
I also have a Pinterest Board for my $25 Meal Plans set up HERE. This includes previous meal plans and some recipe links.
Another great resource of meal planning and ideas is found on our Facebook Page under Videos. Check out the "In The Kitchen" series. I share recipes, meal prep, freezer meals and kitchen tips each week Live. If you follow the page, you will see a notification pop up when we are live! For ideas of Breakfast options, you can see more here, and prepping lunch ideas,here. (More lunch prep posts coming)
- Omelets, Bacon & English Muffins (Omelets can have any leftovers, onions peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, etc)
- Sheet Pan BBQ Chicken with Baked Potato Wedges & Roasted Carrots (4 Chicken Leg with back, top with BBQ Sauce. Place along with veggies on a sheet pan and bake for 25-30 minutes at 400)
- Honey Soy Chicken (recipe below) & Rice Stir fry (add frozen stir fry veggies $1.99 @ Sobeys)
- Bagel Burgers (Make your favourite burgers and eat on a toasted, buttered bagel) and Homemade Fries
- Lentil Soup
- 1 lb Chicken Breast $3.99
- 2 lb Chicken Legs with Backs $1.99/lb = $3.98
- Bacon $1.99
- Bagels $1.99
- English Muffins $1.99
- Eggs $1.88
- 1 lb Ground Beef $2.88/lb
- Frozen Stir Fry Veggies $1.99
- Lentils $2.50
- Celery $2
TOTAL SPENT: $25.19
ON HAND (these are the items I tend to purchase and stock up on when they are on sale, using my $25 stock up budget/bi-weekly. Basic pantry items and things we use often.)
- Diced Tomatoes ( stock up when on for $0.99 or less)
- Onions, Potatoes, Carrots (buy Onions, Potatoes, and Carrots in bulk and on sale = pennies per meal)
- Celery left over from last week
- BBQ Sauce ($1 on sale a few weeks ago)
For breakfast ideas, check here.
Please comment, offer suggestions, ask questions and share recipes. This feature is to help people see it IS possible to eat well on a tight budget.
This weekly feature will have at least one meal plan for 4 to 5 supper meals that will feed a family of 4. Some weeks I will show 2 meal plans, but I may not be able to do that every week based on flyer sales.
Most of the items purchased will be flyer or in-store sales, and I will try to incorporate coupons, cash back and points offers when I can.
Be sure to let me know if you are enjoying this weekly feature by commenting on the blog below. Your feedback is the best way to let me know I should keep doing something!