This week on Sunday Night Live with Ruth Ann, over on my Facebook Page, we are prepping 3 vegetarian freezer meals.
Lentil soup, Twice Baked Potatoes and Easy Mac N Cheese are on the prep menu for Sunday night!
I will be doubling all these recipes. This way I will have 2 pots of soup and 2 meals of mac n cheese, plus 16 potatoes (32 halves stuffed).
You will need the following:
- Tin foil
- 4 large Freezer Bags
- Bag holders (optional)
- 2 to 4 tin trays with lids (you can wrap with tin foil) or 2 casserole dishes.
- 2 Large mixing bowls (for mixing potatoes and Mac n cheese)
- 2 cups Lentils, Brown
- 8 cups Water
- ¾ cups dice Onion
- ½ cups dice Celery
- 1 cup dice Carrot
- 2 teaspoons mince Garlic, Cloves
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- ¼ teaspoons Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoons Oregano, Dried
- 15 ounces Diced Tomatoes, Canned
- 2 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- ¼ cups chop Parsley, Fresh (optional, can be added when cooking)
Combine all ingredients in a large freezer bag and freeze. Place in slow cooker and add 4 more cups water. Cook on low 6 to 8 hours.
Easy Mac n Cheese
- 1 box Macaroni (cooked)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese cubed or grated
- 1 can Cream Mushroom soup
- 1/4 onion diced (optional)
Combine all ingredients and store in Freezer bag, tin tray or casserole dish (see video). Thaw overnight then Bake at 350° for 35 minutes.
Twice Baked Potatoes
- 8 Russet Potatoes (wash and bake at 400° for 45 min to 1hour)
- 1/2 cup salted butter (melted)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Cheddar or Jack cheese (or a mix of both), plus more for topping
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tsp seasoned salt
Bake potatoes at 375° for 1 hour. Let cool and scoop potato out of skins.
Have all potato ready in a bowl to mix up. Skins can be lined up on a baking sheet for assembly.
In bowl, combine potato and remaining ingredients. Mash to combine.
Fill skins and wrap in tinfoil to freeze. To bake, thaw in fridge then bake at 375° for 20 minutes, or until heayed through.
Here is the video to go along with these recipes.