This week on Sunday Night Live with Ruth Ann, over on my Facebook Page, we are prepping 3 vegetarian freezer meals.
Lentil soup, Twice Baked Potatoes, and Easy Mac N Cheese are on the prep menu for Sunday night!
I will be doubling all these recipes. This way I will have 2 pots of soup and 2 meals of mac n cheese, plus 16 potatoes (32 halves stuffed).
You will need the following:
- Tin foil
- 4 large Freezer Bags
- Bag holders (optional)
- 2 to 4 tin trays with lids (you can wrap with tin foil) or 2 casserole dishes.
- 2 Large mixing bowls (for mixing potatoes and Mac n cheese)
- 2 cups Lentils, Brown
- 8 cups Water
- ¾ cups dice Onion
- ½ cups dice Celery
- 1 cup diced Carrot
- 2 teaspoons minced Garlic, Cloves
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- ¼ teaspoons Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoons Oregano, Dried
- 15 ounces Diced Tomatoes, Canned
- 2 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- ¼ cups chop Parsley, Fresh (optional, can be added when cooking)
Combine all ingredients in a large freezer bag and freeze. Place in slow cooker and add 4 more cups water. Cook on low 6 to 8 hours.
Easy Mac n Cheese
- 1 box Macaroni (cooked)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese cubed or grated
- 1 can Cream Mushroom soup
- 1/4 onion diced (optional)
Combine all ingredients and store in Freezer bag, tin tray or casserole dish (see video). Thaw overnight then Bake at 350° for 35 minutes.
Twice Baked Potatoes
- 8 Russet Potatoes (wash and bake at 400° for 45 min to 1hour)
- 1/2 cup salted butter (melted)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Cheddar or Jack cheese (or a mix of both), plus more for topping
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tsp seasoned salt
Bake potatoes at 375° for 1 hour. Let cool and scoop the potato out of skins.
Have all potato ready in a bowl to mix up. Skins can be lined up on a baking sheet for assembly.
In a bowl, combine potato and remaining ingredients. Mash to combine.
Fill skins and wrap in tinfoil to freeze. To bake, thaw in the fridge then bake at 375° for 20 minutes, or until heated through.
Here is the video to go along with these recipes.