Our Perfect Buttery Biscuits
A warm biscuit with melted butter is probably one of my favourite indulgences. Do you know how to make flaky and tall biscuits?
Well, besides the cold butter, you need layers…it is all in how you roll it out.
Here is my recipe for the Best Buttery Biscuits you will ever have.
- 3 cups Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Sugar (optional)
- 1/2 cup Cold Butter
- 3/4 Cup Buttermilk (or milk with 1 Tbsp lemon juice or vinegar, let sit 5 min)
- Combine dry ingredients and then cut in butter (with pastry cutter or fork). Leave butter a little chunky to allow for airy biscuits when cooked
- Once mixture is a crumbly texture add milk.
- Combine stirring and then knead on floured surface for a minute.
- Roll out in rectangle, fold over (making 2 layers of dough) & roll again. Fold over one more time then roll to desired thickness.
- Cut into desired shapes and place on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees 30 minutes or until browned.