Starting your day with a smoothie is nutrient packed option for busy mornings on the go. This week’s In The Kitchen: Berry Green Smoothie Packs make it even easier to get your smoothie ready quickly each day!
This In The Kitchen recipe is sponsored by our friends at Apple A Day Home Delivery
You will need these tools on hand:
• cutting board
• 6 freezer bags (plastic or reusable)
Ingredients for 6 freezer packs:
▪︎ bag of Baby Spinach
▪︎ 1 bunch of Kale
▪︎ 1 pint Blueberries
▪︎ 1 pkg Strawberries (sliced or quartered)
OPTIONS for added flavour and nutrition:
Add any of these to each bag.
1 Tbsp Nut Butter (peanut or almond butter)
1 Tbsp Flax Seed Meal
1 tsp Chia Seeds
HOW TO MAKE THESE FREEZER PACKS
• Divide the ingredients listed into 6 separate freezer-safe bags. Seal each bag and place into the freezer right away.
TO PREPARE SMOOTHIE AFTER FREEZING
• Place 1 Smoothie pack and 1/2 to 1 cup of liquid (water, milk, almond milk, coconut milk, cashew milk, juice, etc) in blender and blend to smooth.
• You can add ice and/or yogurt to this as well. I like to freeze yogurt in ice cube trays, and add a few to our smoothies.
• If you want added nutrition, add a bit of sliced avocado or protein powder as well.
… ORDER YOUR PRODUCE HERE …
The Berry Green Smoothie Pack from Apple A Day is available to order here: Smoothie Pack
This “In The Kitchen” is sponsored by Apple A Day Home Delivery Delivery , shop online and get your fresh produce delivered to your door! (Greater Moncton region)