If you love potatoes and want to save some time this BBQ season, try making up a batch of our Twice Baked Potatoes 3 Ways!
This In The Kitchen recipe is sponsored by our friends at Apple A Day Home Delivery
🥔 Freezer Twice Baked Potatoes 🥔
We have 3 Variations of Twice Baked Potatoes; Broccoli & Cheese, Sour Cream & Bacon, and Sour Cream & Onion.
▪︎ 12 russet potatoes, baked (instructions below)
▪︎ 1 crown of broccoli, chopped fine
▪︎ 1 onion, chopped fine (yellow)
▪︎ 8 strips of bacon cooked and crumbled
▪︎ 1.5 cups Milk
▪︎ 2/3 cup butter
▪︎ 3 cups sour cream
▪︎ 3 cups shredded cheese (cheddar or marble)
Bake Potatoes: Prick potatoes all over with a fork. Place a wire cooling rack on a baking sheet to allow airflow around potatoes. Place potatoes on top of wire rack. Bake potatoes in the oven at 450° for 45 to 1hr 15 minutes, until fork goes in easily and skin is crisp.
Remove from oven and allow to cool appropriately 30 minutes.
Each variation will use 4 potatoes and we will be freezing them in halves (a good serving size as russets are usually large potatoes). So you will be freezing 24 servings total.
1. Cut baked potatoes in half and scoop potato out of skins into one large bowl. Set skins aside to fill later.
2. Add milk, sour cream and butter to the potatoes and mash well. Stir in cheese until combines.
3. Divide potatoes into 3 bowls.
4. In one bowl add broccoli. Int he second bowl add the onion and in the third bowl add the bacon. Stir each bowl to combine the mixtures.
5. Each bowl with fill 8 potato skins, that you set aside earlier.
6. Wrap each stuffed potato skin in tinfoil and place in labeled freezer bag.
To Bake: Thaw, place potato, in loosened tinfoil, on grill for 10 to 20 minutes, to heat through and melt cheese. If baking in oven, het in.400° oven for 10 to 15 min.
If you would like extra crispy skins, remove potato from tin foil and brush with melted butter before heating.
In the kitchen live with Ruth Ann:
This In The Kitchen recipe is sponsored by our friends at Apple A Day Home Delivery, shop online and get your fresh produce delivered to your door! (Greater Moncton region)