Inside: 7 day Family Meal Plan based on the Atlantic Canadian Sales Flyer for most major retailers. This week is all about Turkey! Turkey poutine, soup, stew and more.
This is our weekly 7-day meal plan, for a family of 4, based on the current sales in Atlantic Canada.
Depending on where you are located, you may be able to get some items for less, especially at local markets. These meal plans are a guideline to help you create a custom frugal meal plan for your family.
- Turkey Dinner (Cooked in this roaster, a gamechanger for us!)
- Left Over Turkey Stew
- Left Over Turkey & Potato Cakes
- Turkey Poutine & Homemade Baked Fries
- Nachos (served with Salsa and sour cream with turkey or just some veggies, olives, and cheese)
- Turkey Soup & Biscuits
- Leftover Soup
- Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Roasted Veggies with seasonings or creamy salad dressing
- Tuna Sandwiches
Breakfasts: We always have ingredients on hand for the following
- Omelets Muffins
- Bagel & Cream Cheese
- Overnight Oats (flavours depend on the ingredients we have on hand that week)
- Cereal & Milk
- Smoothies (we keep yogurt, soft fruit, wilting spinach, etc in freezer bags to use in smoothies, add to some milk, or juice and blend)
Ingredients To Buy:
Items in BOLD are things we already have on hand, I have included current in store prices for most of these items, but they are not included in the total. These are basic items we usually purchase on sale and/or in bulk to have on hand.
Items with ** indicate you will have leftovers. You are purchasing a full package, but will only use a portion for this meal plan.
REMEMBER: Check your local producers and markets for deals on ingredients as well. I base the numbers on current flyers, but you can recreate these menus for less if you are watching other sources.
- Turkey (will allow $40 for good size Turkey)
- Potatoes $3.99 (Atlantic Superstore)
- Carrots $1.77 (Walmart)
- Celery $0.97 (Walmart)
- Onions $1.77 (Walmart)
- Garlic ** (organic $3.99 Atlantic Superstore)
- 2X Stuffing (stove Top) $0.87 (No Frills) = $1.74
- Bacon $1.99 (Giant Tiger or Sobeys)
- Butter $2.99 ** (IGA Coop)
- Chicken Broth $1.99 ( Sobeys or Coop)
- Half & Half Cream $1.55 (No Frills)
- Cheese Curds (Mozerella) $3.97 ** (Foodland, No Frills, Walmart)
- Cranberry Sauce $1.27 (No Frills)
- Salsa $2.49 (Shoppers)
- Sour Cream $0.99 (Giant Tiger)
- 3 lbs Sweet Potatoes $2.88 (Giant Tiger)
- Broccoli $0.97 (Walmart) $1.79 (Foodland & Coop)
- Cauliflower $1.77 (Atlantic Superstore)
- Cheddar Cheese $3.97 ** (Foodland, No Frills, Walmart)
- 2 Bread $1.88 (Shoppers) = $3.76
- Tuna $1.00 (No Frills)
- Mayonaise $2.97 ** (Sobeys)
TOTAL FOR MEALS FOR WEEK: $88.79
Depending on what you have on hand and what you may add for snacks, your meal plan may be a little more or less in price. These are created to give you a guideline for creating a 7 day meal plan for a family of 4.