Making another chicken recipe? Well, this one is so flavourful and extremely simple. If you try this out and enjoy it, be sure to make up a few more packs for your freezer and pop them into the slow cooker on a busy day.
Like most chicken recipes, you can serve it with rice, quinoa, potatoes, salad, or sweet potatoes. I find that sweet potatoes are a nice addition to this meal and pair well with the onion in the sauce.
Chicken in a Hurry
Here is a quick chicken recipe that is a big hit with anyone I have served it to. It is also frugal and simple to make.
Servings 4 people
- 4 Chicken Breasts or 6 Thighs
- 1 pkg Onion Soup Mix
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix onion soup, ketchup, water, and brown sugar in a bowl.
- Place chicken breast in a shallow baking dish and pour mixture over chicken.
- Bake in the oven for approx. 45 minutes
- To prepare in a slow cooker: cook this chicken meal for 4 hours on high in the slow cooker.
Serve with rice, potatoes, or other veggies.