This Simple Pasta Goulash is the North American version of goulash.
Let's talk comfort food. It just is...it is one of those meals I can prep quickly and have left overs for lunches. It is simple, yet delicious, affordable yet not loaded with preservatives. It is perfection in a skillet! (At least I feel this way 🙂 )
Goulash became one of my faves since I started cooking for myself in college. It is easy, affordable and great as left overs. Key factors to consider when you are a poor student, but also very appropriate for a busy mom (20+ years later!).
While you can add more veggies or cheese, I keep mine simple and basic most times I make it.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (or 2 roma tomatoes diced)
- 1 15- oz. cans tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning (or other favourite seasoning)
- 3 cups water
- 1- 340 g box elbow macaroni
- Sautee onions and brown ground beef together in a frying pan.
- Prepare macaroni in pot. Cook as directed on package. Drain and set aside.
- In frying pan, add garlic, tomatoes, tomato sauce, worcestershire sauce and seasoning. Stir to combine.
- Combine pasta and meat mixture. Serve and enjoy!