Pasta dishes are comfort food for me. Having meals like this ready to pop in the oven or slow cooker is always nice any time of the year.
Here is a video with this recipe as well as a Chicken Fajita Kits and Twice Baked Enchilada Sweet Potatoes.
Cheesy Chicken Penne
* 1 lb Penne (cooked but firm)
* 2 Chicken Breast (cooked and cubed)
* 4 Tbsp Butter
* 3-4 Cloves Garlic, minced
* 4 Tbsp Flour
* 1 Cup Chicken Broth
* 2 cans Evaporated Milk
* 1 Cup Grated Cheese (your choice)
* 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese
* 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
* Salt & Pepper to taste
1. In a medium saucepan, melt butter and add garlic, cooking for approximately 1 minute or until garlic is golden.
2. Whisk in flour, Italian Seasoning, to combine. Then add milk and chicken broth, whisking the entire time to prevent lumps.
3. Cook until thickened, then remove from heat. Add cheeses and stir to combine.
4. In a large bowl, combine cooked pasta and chicken. Add cheese sauce and stir together. Divide mixture into two casserole pans.
5. Wrap aluminum foil around the pan or use a pan with lid, label, and freeze.
6. Remove from freezer night before or in the morning. Remove cardboard lid and cover with aluminum foil.
7. Cook in the oven at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes to heat through.
8. Remove aluminum foil for the last 10 minutes to brown the topping.
~~ Topping can be either grated cheese or use 1/4-1/2 cup Bread crumbs + 2 Tbsp butter melted over bread crumbs.
*You can freeze this recipe in freezer bags and cook in the slow cooker all day as well. The topping can still be added but will not brown the same way.