At Christmas time each year I look for a new cookie or treat to try. I had to bake something for a sale at the school dance and decided to tr y my hand at the cake mix cookies. Keeping it simple, I choose to use a vanilla cake mix and add food colouring to mat them seasonal colours. Rolling the cookies in icing sugar made for a nice touch and brought out the cracks in these easy to make cookies.
Try adding your own flavourings with extracts, vary the type of cake mix, or add chocolate chips or candy sprinkels to them.
HOLIDAY CRINKLE COOKIES
- 1 white or yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Optional: Food Colouring (red & green)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with silpat or parchment paper.
- In a mixer or by hand, combine Cake mix, Eggs and Oil.
- Once combined divide in half and add food colouring if desired. Mix to evenly distribute colour.
- Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes. (wrapped in plastic wrap)
- Place powdered sugar on a plate or in a low bowl.
- Remove dough from fridge and form into 1-2 inch balls.
- Roll balls in powdered sugar to cover, and place 1-2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake 10-13 minutes.