Summer 2020 Road Trip Check List
Road Trips are so much fun and our family has always enjoyed road-tripping year round. Most of our road trips are within our home province of New Brunswick, especially this summer as we explore closer to home during a global pandemic.
In our vehicle, we pack a Road Trip Kit of sorts. There is a beach bag always packed during the summer months. You can find that list here.
If we are hitting the road for an afternoon to check out some of New Brunswick’s Roadside Attractions, or roadtripping on a weekend away to Miramichi, Sackville or other city or town for a longer visit, we have a basic list of things we like to have in our car for these trips.
We like to be prepared, so we are sharing our Summer 2020 Road Trip Check List with you today. These are the basics we like to have on hand for a day trip or extended road trip. If we are going overnight, obviously there would be clothing and toiletries in addition to our basic road trip supply list.
- Flash Light & Batteries
- GPS or Maps (print off map for the kids)
- Phone & Car Charger
- Kids Activities / Games
- Electronics & charge cables (Tablet, DVD, etc)
- Notebook & Pencils (A field journal to log your adventures)
- Extra Shoes/Rubber Boots
- Garbage Bags (easy “raincoat”)
- Sweaters / Windbreaker
- Extra Set Keys ( if you have 2 adult, each have a set)
- Debit Card/Cash/ Change (Tolls and in emergency)
- Windshield Washer Fluid (extra jug)
- Cooler (with meals and/or snacks)
- Water Bottle /one per person
- Large Jug for Water (for refills)
- Baby Wipes / Wet Wipes for easy cleanup & face wipe
- Box of Tissues
- Bug Guard / Spray
- First Aid Kit (purchase or make your own)
- Car Emergency Kit (purchase or make your own)
Extra things to have because of COVID-19
- Hand sanitizer
- Masks in plastic bags (keeping them clean, and place to put them after use)
- Disinfecting Wipes (for wiping surfaces, give time to air dry to be effective)
Do you have other must-have items on your packing list?