Each week I will share our family's meal plan. This is our actual meal plan, not the $25 meal plan. They will be two seperate posts each week.
There will be 5 supper meals planned below, as weekends are usually left overs, possibly take out or something already prepped in freezer.
I usually use this format to plan. Not assigning a day to the meal, but rather having everything prepped to make whichever I feel like doing that day. Here is my plan for this week. Recipes will be added as well, as I get them photographed and posted.
There are some alterations included for my meals, as I am eating a higher protein, less carb diet. Minor adjustments to keep me on track. For example, salads or roasted veggies in place of some carbs.
- Go through flyers for best prices. Also check online for specials at local butchers, farmer's markets, bakeries and shops.
- Check freezer, fridge, pantry and make as many meals as possible with these items and items on sale this week.
- Make menu and shopping list.
Supper Time Planned Meals: January 1 to 5
- Naan Pizzas (chicken, pesto & roasted veggies)
- Chicken with Broccoli & Cheddar Stuffed Potatoes
- Hamburgers and homemade buns
- Beef Stroganoff
- Chicken Soup & Biscuits
Our lunches are usually salad or wrap with some kind of protein (Chicken, Tuna, Egg, etc), or leftovers from supper. School lunches are usually NOT sandwiches, as my oldest does not like them.
So I get creative with what we have on hand. Meat chunks, grape tomatoes, cheese cubes, cut up veggies, etc...
This week I prepped Greek Orzo for lunches as well asSpinach Salads, Chicken, Rice and Roasted Veggies.
We have options ready and available.
- Boiled Eggs
- Omelets (onions, mushrooms and peppers cooked and frozen ahead)
- Overnight Oatmeal
- yogurt, fruit, cereal always an option
- Apples (with peanut butter)
- Sliced Carrots
- Grape Tomatoes
- Granola Bars (kids)
- Crackers & cheese
- Greek Yogurt & berries
- Boiled Eggs
We shopped at No Frills and Giant Tiger this week.
- 2x Whole Chicken $6 each (30% off at No Frills)~ $12
- Potatoes $2
- 2x 4pk Peppers $1.98each =$3.96
- 2X Broccoli $1.98 each = $3.96
- Sour cream $1
- Cheddar Cheese $4
- Grape Tomatoes $5
- Lean Ground Beef $6.54 (2 lbs)
TOTAL SPENT ~ $45
ITEMS ON HAND:
- Baking powder
- Orzo Pasta