Sunday Meal Prep – healthier and back to a routine!
This week is all about getting back on track with planning, prepping and making healthier choices.
My meal prep is done for all of our meals, so there are some breakfast, lunch, supper and snack preparations happening in this post each week. This week we are having a variety of meals stemming from some great deals on veggies, chicken and ground beef.
What I did to prep this week:
- Boiled 6 eggs
- Removed all chicken from 2 roasted chicken
- Froze chicken bones for stock
- Portioned carrots, grape tomaotes and peppers for grab and go snacks
- Hamburger patties made and frozen (1 lb extra lean ground beef = 5 burgers)
- Clementines, peeled and some portioned for kids snacks, rest on the counter for quick snacks at home
- Roasted veggies (onions, broccoli, peppers)
- Ground beef cooked and ready to make stroganoff
- 2 meat loaves made and in freezer
- 12 broccoli & cheese stuffed potatoes (prepped and frozen)
- Cooked, portioned and froze Rice
- Greek Orzo Salad made and portioned for lunches
- 2 Spinach Salads (lunches)
Already prepped in freezer or cupboard:
- Cooked and portioned quinoa for our lunches
- Fried up Onions & peppers (with a little coconut oil) portioned and frozen, for use in omelets at breakfast or evening snacks
- Pancakes and muffins
- Snacks portioned and bagged (almonds & dates)
When there are prepped options in the fridge and freezer, I find it much easier to stay on track and make healthier decisions when it comes to food.
Do you meal prep? What are some items you prep every week?
Watch later today for our Meal Plan Monday post with my family’s meal plan for this week.