7 Tips for Shopping on Amazon.ca
It is safe to say that I am slightly, okay fully, addicted to shopping on Amazon.ca! I still comparison shop and make sure I can trust the sellers, but in general, I find the best deals on this site. Selection is amazing and products have always been of high value. This being said, there are a few things you need to consider when shopping, to ensure you have a good experience and get the best deal and service your money.
1. Sellers:It is the individual sellers on Amazon you need to check on. Similar to shopping on Ebay, You need to pay attention to who is selling the item and read feedback on them. Many items available on the Amazon website are sold by Amazon or the companies /brands that make them. Those are usually safe to order from and will provide consistently better customer service.
2. Pricing:Know your pricing. Just because an Amazon seller (or any retailers for that matter) posts a "mark down", doesn't mean that it is a deal. Compare the prices to other retailers before buying.
3. Free Shipping:Many purchases made through Amazon offer Free Shipping when you spend $35. "You receive free shipping if your order includes $35 of eligible items. Any item with "FREE Shipping" messaging on the product detail page, that is fulfilled and shipped by Amazon, is eligible and contributes to your free shipping order minimum excluding taxes, gift-wrap, Gift Cards, oversize, and heavy items." See more details here
4. Prime Members:Want Free 2 day shipping, extra discounts, unlimited photo storage and early access to daily deals? If you do a high volume of shopping on Amazon, I would recommend the prime account. Free 2 day shipping on no minimum order value. Look for the deals marked with the Prime logo. Get a 30 day free trial of Prime! After your free trial, Amazon Prime is just CDN$ 79.00/year (plus any applicable taxes). Cancel anytime. *Quebec residents receive an initial 13-month membership for CDN $79.00, instead of a free trial. Check out all the details here. Amazon Family members get 20% off Diaper subscriptions plus additional family-centric discounts and recommendations, compliments of Amazon Family. Amazon Family is free for all Prime members. Simply create a child profile during signup to begin. Students receive 6 months Free Prime service, referral credits and special student deals. After your free trial, your membership will upgrade to Amazon Prime for 50% off. Cancel anytime. Quebec residents get an 18-month membership for CDN $39 instead of a free trial.
5. Price Matching & Price Guarantee On TVsAmazon offers price matching on TVs only. Here are the details. Also, if you purchase a TV from Amazon and see it is cheaper at any of the listed retailers, within 30 Day, they will refund the difference. TV Low Price Guarantee Retailers are: