The original scent of Avon Skin So Soft has been said to repel mosquitos for a long time now. Avon has developed a Skin So Soft Bug Guard spray in more recent years, but you can make your own bug spray with the oil and a few other simple ingredients.
This post contains affiliate links.
Many of us are on a mission to produce less waste in our homes. I am of a generation that was near the beginning of all the "convenience" products
7 Tips for Shopping on Amazon.ca
It is safe to say that I am slightly, okay fully, addicted to shopping on Amazon.ca! I still comparison shop and make sure I can trust the sellers, but in general, I find the best deals on this site. Selection is amazing and products have always been of high value. This being said, there are a few things you need to consider when shopping, to ensure you have a good experience and get the best deal and service your money.
It is the individual sellers on Amazon you need to check on. Similar to shopping on Ebay, You need to pay attention to who is selling the item and read feedback on them.
Many items available on the Amazon website are sold by Amazon or the companies /brands that make them. Those are usually safe to order from and will provide consistently better customer service.
Know your pricing. Just because an Amazon seller (or any retailers for that matter) posts a "mark down", doesn't mean that it is a deal.
Compare the prices to other retailers before buying.
3. Free Shipping:
Many purchases made through Amazon offer Free Shipping when you spend $35.
"You receive free shipping if your order includes $35 of eligible items. Any item with "FREE Shipping" messaging on the product detail page, that is fulfilled and shipped by Amazon, is eligible and contributes to your free shipping order minimum excluding taxes, gift-wrap, Gift Cards, oversize, and heavy items." See more details here
4. Prime Members:
Want Free 2 day shipping, extra discounts, unlimited photo storage and early access to daily deals?
If you do a high volume of shopping on Amazon, I would recommend the prime account. Free 2 day shipping on no minimum order value. Look for the deals marked with the Prime logo.
Get a 30 day free trial of Prime! After your free trial, Amazon Prime is just CDN$ 79.00/year (plus any applicable taxes). Cancel anytime. *Quebec residents receive an initial 13-month membership for CDN $79.00, instead of a free trial.
Check out all the details here.
Amazon Family members get 20% off Diaper subscriptions plus additional family-centric discounts and recommendations, compliments of Amazon Family. Amazon Family is free for all Prime members. Simply create a child profile during signup to begin.
Students receive 6 months Free Prime service, referral credits and special student deals.
After your free trial, your membership will upgrade to Amazon Prime for 50% off. Cancel anytime. Quebec residents get an 18-month membership for CDN $39 instead of a free trial.
5. Price Matching & Price Guarantee On TVs
Amazon offers price matching on TVs only. Here are the details.
Also, if you purchase a TV from Amazon and see it is cheaper at any of the listed retailers, within 30 Day, they will refund the difference.
TV Low Price Guarantee Retailers are:
6. Shop Amazon Warehouse
Amazon’s warehouse offers a large variety of open-box and returned items that fall under Amazon’s simple, money-back return policy. Pricing is dramatically reduced and you can find some pretty amazing deals there.
7. Amazon Coupons
Yes, Amazon has a Coupon section and offers discounts you can apply to items at checkout. Check out the coupons here.
More tips for online shopping:
Groupon Coupons - Even More Savings!
Chances are, if you are already a deal seeker, you have at least heard of or perhaps used Groupon in the past. Did you know that in addition to the regular Groupon offers, you can now use Groupon Coupons? These are coupon codes and offers in addition to purchasing groupon offers. You can access them online via desktop or mobile.
Currently there are 66,458 free coupons at 10,278 stores on Groupon in North America.
There are savings for all sorts of products and services, including toys, clothing, travel, auctions and more!
In addition to the already great offers available on Groupon, these coupon options add an additional level of savings to help keep more money in YOUR pocket on your everyday and specialty purchases.
There are Thousands to choose from!
I love the option to use these coupons with Ebay. Having been an Ebay seller in the past, I used Ebay.com to buy and sell more often than using the .ca site, and these coupons would have come in handy. As I write this article, there are currently 445 coupons available through Groupon for use on Ebay! Amazing.
If you are in the market for website hosting or domain name registration, GoDaddy coupons are also available through Groupon Coupons.
Lowes.ca offers to help save on your DIY and other household projects. While working on a DIY, perhaps you need a good hand lotion to take care of your skin while working hard? Check out these Kiehl's coupon offers!
So, if you are on the hunt for a deal on almost anything, remember to check out what is available on Groupon Coupons before you spend your $$.
~This post was written on behalf of Groupon. All opinions are my own.~
9 Tips for a successful yard sale!
This seems to be a yearly ritual in my house. After a full year (or two) of collecting "stuff", and donating much of what we don't need or use anymore, I often get the itch to have a yard sale. The past two summers i have hosted a sale at my house and a few friends also joined in and set up a table.
Last month our sale was extremely busy, and I was pretty much giving stuff away. Trying to clear out space to redo some of our rooms makes me just want to get rid of it all. I am thinking of doing another one in August as well. We have redone both boys rooms and there are boxes of items ready to sell!
Over the years, I have learned from having a yearly sale and will share some of my preparation and set up tips with you.
Here are some Tips for a successful yard sale!
- Plan ahead: this not only includes the weeks leading up to your sale. You should have a few boxes in a storage room ready for items. Throughout the year you can put items in the boxes for the summer yardsale. This way you will see how much is accumulating, and determine when you have enough for a sale. If you have a spare closet, that would be a great place to store items as well.
- Labeling: Price as you sort or put items in boxes. I keep price stickers and a marker in my storage room with the boxes. If there are clothing or other items that you want the same price on, put them in a box with the price written on the box (ie. $1 per piece of clothing, or $2 per book)
- Pricing: mark your prices clearly! Remember, people are more apt to buy if they know how much you want for the item. If you have larger (higher priced) items, be prepared to negotiate. People who yardsale all the time will want to pay less than what you have marked....be ready to bundle and offer freebies or discounted prices. Remember, you do not NEED these items anymore. Don't hold out for the next person to pay full sticker price (this applies to reasonable offers of course).
- Gather your friends! Ask your friends if they have anything to sell. Maybe your neighbours want to have a sale. Let people know a few weeks ahead, so they can seel some items too. If they only have a few items, let them join your yardsale!
- Advertise: There are many ways to promote your yardsale these days. Post on social media and ask your local friends to share. Post it online through Kijiji or other community events listings. Posters are usually needed on the day of the sale (directing people to your house).
- Tables: if you do not have shelves or tables to put smaller items on, try to borrow some. You will sell more, faster, if items are easier for buyers to look at and touch.
If you have no tables, try to display items on top of boxes (flipped over boxes can raise items up a bit off the gound)
- Bags: have plastic bags ready for buyers to put items in.
- Money/Change: be sure to have lots of change available. Coins to make change for the lowest priced items you have.
- Set Up Early: if you advertise your sale to start at 8am, aim to be set up and ready by 7:30. Early birds WILL show up, and you don't want to be flustered trying to set up and sell at the same time.
- PeopleCan Training & Development (Debbie Adams, @PeopleCan) - $50 Visa CG
- Coupgon (@Coupgon) - $75 Grocery GC
- Common Couponing Mistakes (beginners)
- How to Save with a New Baby
- What to watch for on sale in December (a season for everything) (12/06/12)
- Black Friday - No Need to Cross Border Shop (tips) (11/22/12)
- Pros and Cons of Online Coupons (Printables) (11/08/12)
- Discount and Loyalty Cards (10/25/12)
- Brand Loyalty and Stockpiles (10/11/12)
- Tips on how to Save & Eat Healthy (09/27/12)
- Getting into Couponing - August
- The Moncton Coupon Lady Returns (09/05/14)
- All about the Couponer's Convention (09/11/14)
- Tips for Grocery Shopping on a budget (09/26/14)
- Time & Money Saving Tips in the home (10/10/14)
- Online Shopping Tips (10/29/14)
- Bulk Shopping (11/05/14)
- Creating A Pricebook (11/12/14)
- Santa's Helpers Tips for Holiday Shopping (11/19/14)
- Christmas Savings Tips (12/03/14)
- Food Waste: Throwing Money Away! (12/10/14)
- Save Cash: Boxing Day Tips (12/17/14)
- Coupon Apps for Savings (03/04/15)
- Eating Healthy or Special Diet (04/07/15)
- Discounts and Freebies for Kids (04/21/15)
- How to get a Deal Online (04/28/15)
- Family Travel For Less (05/05/15)
- Early Holiday Shopping (10/21/15)