Here is this week’s $25 weekly meal plan. So, we are sharing ideas of $5 or less meals in these posts. As of 1 month ago, hubby and I have been following a keto diet, and most of these meals are not something we can consume. The whole idea in sharing these plans is to inspire you to find lower cost options and plan ahead to save time and money. If you have specific dietary needs, you can alter some recipes or create your own plans. This is for inspiration, to prove it is possible to fee a family of 4 for supper meals on $25/week…you can customize as you wish. You can do it!
These meal plans are suggestions for anyone trying to really cut costs, while keeping meals as “real food” and as unprocessed as possible. These are not my personal weekly meal plans, I will share some of those from time to time in a seperate post.
Another great resource of meal planning and ideas is found on our Facebook Page under Videos. Check out the “Sunday Night Live” series. I share recipes and kitchen tips each week Live. If you follow the page, you will see a notification pop up when we are live!
- Bruschetta Pasta Salad & Crusty Bread
Photo by www.aprettylifeinthesuburbs.com
- Tuna Casserole
- Tomato Hamburger, Vegetable Soup & Buttery Biscuits
- Hamburgers & Oven Baked Fries
- Twice Baked Potatoes with Sour Cream and Cheese & Stuffed Chicken (prepackaged) or Baked Chicken Legs (see shopping list)
- 2 lb Tomatoes $0.99/lb (IGA Coop) = $2
- Crusty Bread $0.94 (Walmart)
- Pasta ($1.49 – 500g at Foodland / $1 – 450g at No Frills)
- NN Cream Mushroom Soup $0.79 (Atlantic Superstore)
- NN Frozen Peas (or mixed veggies for tuna casserole and soup) $1.99 (Atlantic Superstore)
- Sour Cream $2 (No Frills)
- Cheese Block 450g $4.77 (Sobey’s) or Ptit Quebec Cheese 270g $2.47 (IGA Coop)
- Tuna $0.88 (Atlantic Superstore)
- Canned Diced Tomatoes Aylmer $0.88 – $1 WYB2 (tear pad/booklet) = $0.38 each
- 2 lb Ground Beef $2.29/lb (Independent Grocer)
- Potatoes 10lb $1.99 (Atlantic Superstore)
- NN Condensed Tomato soup $0.79 (Atlantic Superstore)
- Hamburger Buns $1.88 (Giant Tiger)
- NN Stuffed Chicken (various) $2 per 2 pk = $4 (No Frills) or Bake 2lb Chicken Legs $2/lb = $4(No Frills)
TOTAL SPENT: $25.69
- homemade beef broth
- worchestershire sauce
- butter ($2.97 at Atlantic Wholsale)
I also have a Pinterest Board for my $25 Meal Plans set up HERE. This includes previous meal plans and some recipe links.
Please comment, offer suggestions, ask questions and share recipes. This feature is to help people see it IS possible to eat well on a tight budget.
This weekly feature will have at least one meal plan for 4 to 5 supper meals that will feed a family of 4. Some weeks I will show 2 meal plans, but I may not be able to do that every week based on flyer sales.
Most of the items purchased will be flyer or in store sales, and I will try to incorporate coupons, cash back and points offers when I can.
Be sure to let me know if you are enjoying this weekly feature by commenting on the blog below. Your feedback is the best way to let me know I should keep doing something!
Keep an eye on the blog, or subscribe to my newsletter so you don’t miss these each week!
PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT an entire grocery order, and we do eat much more in the way of protein and veggies throughout the day/week. This feature is simple to show you what can be done with $25 and trying to keep it to real food, from scratch cooking.