Here is this week's $25 weekly meal plan. This week's plan includes Lemon Greek Chicken with Carrots & Potatoes, Tuna Noodle Casserole, BBQ Pork Chops & Baked Potato Wedges , Chicken Stew with Biscuits, and Leftovers.
The whole idea in sharing these plans is to inspire you to find lower cost options and plan ahead to save time and money. If you have specific dietary needs, you can alter some recipes or create your own plans. This is for inspiration, to prove it is possible to feed a family of 4 for supper meals on $25/week...customize as you wish. You can do it!
This $25 meal plan offers suggestions for anyone trying to really cut costs, while keeping meals as "real food" or "from scratch" and unprocessed as possible. These are not my personal weekly meal plans, I will share some of those from time to time in a seperate post.
Another great resource of meal planning and ideas is found on our Facebook Page under Videos. Check out the "In The Kitchen" series. I share recipes, meal prep, freezer meals and kitchen tips each week Live. If you follow the page, you will see a notification pop up when we are live!
- Lemon Greek Chicken with Carrots & Potatoes
- Tuna Noodle Casserole
- BBQ Pork Chops & Baked Potato Wedges (cut potato wedges, season with your fave combo, drizzle with oil and bake for 20-30 minutes at 400 degrees, until browned and desired crispness)
- Chicken Stew with Biscuits (2 chicken breast cubed, 3-4 potatoes cubed, 3 carrots sliced, 1/2 onion diced, stewed in slow cooker or in pot with water and any additional seasonings of choice. Thicken for gravy just before serving.)
- Leftovers from previous meals
- 6 Chicken Breasts (approx. $11)
- 4 Pork Chops $4
- 2lb Carrots $0.88
- 2lb Onions $0.88
- Cheese $3.99
- Cream of Mushroom Soup $1.00
- Frozen Peas $1.99
- Sour Cream $1.97
TOTAL SPENT: $25.71
I also have a Pinterest Board for my $25 Meal Plans set up HERE. This includes previous meal plans and some recipe links.
Please comment, offer suggestions, ask questions and share recipes. This feature is to help people see it IS possible to eat well on a tight budget.
This weekly feature will have at least one meal plan for 4 to 5 supper meals that will feed a family of 4. Some weeks I will show 2 meal plans, but I may not be able to do that every week based on flyer sales.
Most of the items purchased will be flyer or in store sales, and I will try to incorporate coupons, cash back and points offers when I can.
Be sure to let me know if you are enjoying this weekly feature by commenting on the blog below. Your feedback is the best way to let me know I should keep doing something!