Here is this week's $25 weekly meal plan.
These meal plans are suggestions for anyone trying to really cut costs, while keeping meals as "real food" and as unprocessed as possible. These are not my personal weekly meal plans.
- Tuscan Sausage & Potato Soup (Calls for Kale, but I have Spinach on hand)
- Honey Balsamic Pulled Pork on Buns
- Hamburgers & Homemade Baked Fries
- Spaghetti & Meatballs
- Simple Pasta Goulash
- Potatoes 10lb $2.49 @ Sobeys
- Sausages $4.99 @ Sobeys
- 3 lbs Pork Tenderloin $1.44/lb ~ $4.40
- Hamburger Buns $1.87 @No Frills (use BOGO Free coupon here)
- Diced Tomatoes Unico $0.97
- 2 lbs Extra Lean Ground Beef @No Frills 3.47/lb ~ $6.95
- Spaghetti Pasta $1.39 BOGO Free @ Sobeys
- Catelli Sauce $2.49 BOGO Free @ Sobeys
TOTAL SPENT: $25.55
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Tomato Sauce
- Cream (You could use evaporated milk in place of cream, for soup recipe)
I also have a Pinterest Board for my $25 Meal Plans set up HERE. This includes previous meal plans and some recipe links.
Please comment, offer suggestions, ask questions and share recipes. This feature is to help people see it IS possible to eat well on a tight budget.
This weekly feature will have at least one meal plan for 4 to 5 supper meals that will feed a family of 4. Some weeks I will show 2 meal plans, but I may not be able to do that every week based on flyer sales.
Most of the items purchased will be flyer or in store sales, and I will try to incorporate coupons, cash back and points offers when I can.
Be sure to let me know if you are enjoying this weekly feature by commenting on the blog below. Your feedback is the best way to let me know I should keep doing something!
Keep an eye on the blog, or subscribe to my newsletter so you don't miss these each week!
PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT an entire grocery order, and we do eat much more in the way of protein and veggies throughout the day/week. This feature is simple to show you what can be done with $25 and trying to keep it to real food, from scratch cooking.