Have you ever had Egg Roll In A Bowl, or deconstructed egg roll? Any meal like this, served in a bowl, is a winner in our house. Cooked in one skillet, for easier clean up as well!
This is my version of an Egg Roll in a bowl. I used dark soy sauce, so the batch pictured turned out a little darker than normal. You can use a small cabbage in place of the bagged coleslaw mix. If you prefer a vegetarian version, simply leave out the meat and add some veggies. Vegetable suggestions would include: bean sprouts, shelled edamame, red onion, broccoli slaw, tofu, etc...
Egg Roll In A Bowl
- 1/2 lb lean Ground Beef/Pork or Sausage
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Ginger (powdered)
- 1/3 cup Soy Sauce
- 1 pkg Coleslaw (1 small Cabbage shredded + 1/2 Carrot shredded)
- Brown meat in large skillet with sesame oil.
- Sprinkle with Ginger and add Soy Sauce to the meat. Stir to combine.
- Add package of Coleslaw and stir to combine. Let simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes, until cabbage mix is softened.