TIP OF THE DAY: How to Save When Buying Meat
- PC Plus Offers: One option is to watch for deals on your PC points card at Superstore. For example, when you have 400 points for $1 on beef =40% off. Buy $10 worth of beef and you will earn 4000 points=$4.00
- Check your “My Offers“ on your Air Miles acct with Sobeys. I often times have a 50% off offer on some kind of meat. Limited to one pkg most of the time (always read fine print)
- Watch for reduced meats at all stores – usually 30-50% off . A great time to stock up & freeze your meat.
Right before a store closes for a holiday is a perfect time to find mark downs, as well as the day after a snowstorm.
- SHOP LOCAL: most butchers offer great pricing and deals. Customer service is usually better at a small shop and in store or customer specials can be well worth the extra stop in your grocery routine.
- Buy a cow! Well not really… If you have freezer space, contact a local farm and inquire about buying a side of beef or a turkey, etc. It will be a larger up front cost if purchasing a cow or pig, but can save you significant amount of money. You will also want to get creative when preparing cuts you may not normally purchase.
Be open to trying new things and you will be amazed how far you can make you purchases go when feeding your family.