Each week I will am sharing our family’s meal plan. This is our actual meal plan, not the $25 meal plan. There will be two seperate posts each week. Thrifty Thursday will be the day for sharing the $25 meal plans.
There are 5 supper meals planned below, as weekends are usually left overs, possibly take out or something already prepped in freezer.
I usually use this format to plan. Not assigning a day to the meal, but rather having everything prepped to make whichever I feel like doing that day. Here is my plan for this week. .
There are some alterations included for my meals, as I am eating a higher protein, less carb diet. Minor adjustments to keep me on track. For example, salads or roasted veggies in place of some carbs.
- Go through flyers for best prices. Also check online for specials at local butchers, farmer’s markets, bakeries and shops.
- Check freezer, fridge, pantry and make as many meals as possible with these items and items on sale this week.
- Make menu and shopping list.
SUPPER TIME PLANNED MEALS: JANUARY 1 TO 5
- Naan Pizzas (each different)
- Grilled Fish with Broccoli & Cheddar Stuffed Potatoes
- Chicken Bombs with Rice & Veggies
- Spaghetti with Garlic Bread
- Potato and Leek Soup & Biscuits
Our lunches are usually salad or wrap with some kind of protein (Chicken, Tuna, Egg, etc), or leftovers from supper. School lunches are usually NOT sandwiches, as my oldest does not like them.
So I get creative with what we have on hand. Meat chunks, grape tomatoes, cheese cubes, cut up veggies, etc…
This week I prepped chili and Mac n’ cheese for lunches as well as Chicken, Rice and Roasted Veggies.
We have options ready and available.
- Banana Muffins
- Boiled Eggs
- Omelets (onions, mushrooms and peppers cooked and frozen ahead)
- yogurt, fruit, cereal always an option
- Apples (with peanut butter)
- Sliced Carrots
- Grape Tomatoes
- Granola Bars (kids)
- Crackers & cheese
- Greek Yogurt & berries
- Boiled Eggs
We are eating from our pantry and freezer this week.
I will pick up more eggs, milk and coffee cream later in the week.
ITEMS ON HAND:
- Everything we need.