Homemade Pizza Dough
I made pizza dough and whipped up Pizza and garlic fingers for supper.
This recipe is easy and quick. In case you haven’t noticed, I like simple, straightforward recipes.
In addition to being a fairly quick recipe to make on the spot, you can also make it ahead and freeze a whole pizza to have ready to pop in the oven on really hectic nights. Check the tip at the bottom for making ahead to freeze. This is a great option to make on a Freezer Meal Prep day.
- 1 Cup Warm Water
- 1 packet Yeast (2 1/4tsp)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 Cups Flour
- Place yeast in warm water and let sit 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add salt and flour. Combine until well blended dough forms.
- Place in bowl covered with a tea towel and set aside for 20 minutes.
- Lightly flour a smooth surface and divide dough in 2. Roll out to make round or square pizza.
- Place on greased baking sheet and prick all over with fork.
- Add sauce and toppings. Bake at 400° for 15 to 20 minutes.
**If you want to freeze Pizza, bake dough only for 8 minutes, then let cool and top with sauce and other toppings. Cover in plastic wrap and then aluminum foil. Freeze.
To bake from frozen: place in oven at 425° for approximately 15 minutes.