Here is this week’s $25 weekly meal plan. Sorry for not having new plans posted for a few weeks. We are back on track and sharing these again! Lot’s of changes in our home and how we are eating, so I was off track with planning in general.
These meal plans are suggestions for anyone trying to really cut costs, while keeping meals as “real food” and as unprocessed as possible. These are not my personal weekly meal plans, I will be sharing these in a separate post from now on when I have time.
Another great resource of meal planning and ideas is found on our Facebook Page under Videos. Check out the “Sunday Night Live” series. I share recipes and kitchen tips each week Live. If you follow the page, you will see a notification pop up when we are live!
- Roasted (or grill on BBQ) Chicken Legs with Potatoes & Carrots (season chicken with a little olive oil and your favourite seasonings)
- Chicken and Gravy on Buttery Biscuits
- Broccoli Salad with sliced boiled eggs
- Bacon & Eggs (on a bun, with extra hot dog buns with mayo and cheese)
- Pasta Bake
(Cooked pasta, 1/2 jar pasta sauce, 2 tsp Oregano mixed in casserole. Top with 1 cup Cottage Cheese (or ricotta), other 1/2 pasta sauce and a layer of grated mozzerella cheese. Bake for 35 min at 375)
- 4 lb Chicken legs with backs attached $0.99/lb ~ $4 @ Superstore
- Eggs $1.88 @ Shoppers Drug Mart
- Cottage Cheese $2.99 @Shoppers or @ Superstore
- Broccoli $1.97 @ No Frills
- Bacon $3.37 @ Walmart
- 1 lb Lean Ground Beef $3.49/lb
- Wonder Buns $1.88@ Giant Tiger, use BOGO FREE coupon pay $1.88 for 2 packs.
- Ragu Pasta Sauce $1 @ Giant Tiger or $0.99 @ Lawtons
- Barilla Pasta (penne or your choice) $$0.97 @ No Frills
- Mozzerella Kraft Cheese Block $3.99 (4 day sale) @Sobeys or Compliments Cheese Block $3.88 @ IGA Coop
TOTAL SPENT: $25.54
I also have a Pinterest Board for my $25 Meal Plans set up HERE. This includes previous meal plans and some recipe links.
Please comment, offer suggestions, ask questions and share recipes. This feature is to help people see it IS possible to eat well on a tight budget.
This weekly feature will have at least one meal plan for 4 to 5 supper meals that will feed a family of 4. Some weeks I will show 2 meal plans, but I may not be able to do that every week based on flyer sales.
Most of the items purchased will be flyer or in store sales, and I will try to incorporate coupons, cash back and points offers when I can.
Be sure to let me know if you are enjoying this weekly feature by commenting on the blog below. Your feedback is the best way to let me know I should keep doing something!
Keep an eye on the blog, or subscribe to my newsletter so you don’t miss these each week!
PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT an entire grocery order, and we do eat much more in the way of protein and veggies throughout the day/week. This feature is simple to show you what can be done with $25 and trying to keep it to real food, from scratch cooking.