Here is this week’s $25 weekly meal plan.
These meal plans are suggestions for anyone trying to really cut costs, while keeping meals as “real food” and as unprocessed as possible. These are not my personal weekly meal plans.
- Chicken In A Hurry with Rice
- Twice Baked Potatoes with Tuna, Mayo & Corn (recipe below)
- Chicken & Potatoes with Garlic Parmesan Sauce
(Calls for baby potatoes, I use cubed regular potatoes)
- Hamburgers & Homemade French Fries
- Simple Shepherd’s Pie (recipe below)
- 4 lbs Chicken Thighs $1.99/lb @ Atlantic Superstore
- Hamburger Buns $2.49 @ IGA Coop
- 2lb Extra Lean Ground Beef $4.49/lb @ Atlantic Superstore
- 15 lbs Potatoes $3.97 @ No Frills
- 2 Canned Corn $0.66 each @Sobeys (3/$1.98)
- Cream Mushroom Soup $0.37 @ Walmart
TOTAL SPENT: $25.09
- Onion Soup Mix
- Brown Sugar
Twice Baked Potatoes with Tuna, Mayo & Corn
- 4-6 Potatoes
- Can Tuna
- Can Corn
- 3 Tbsp Mayo
- Bake Potatoes and cut open with a kife in an X pattern.
- Mix Tuna, Mayo and Corn.
- Pull back peel and top with Tuna mixture.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes until tuna mixture is heated through.
Simple Shepherd’s Pie
- 6 Potatoes (boiled and mashed)
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 can Cream Mushroom Soup
- 1 can Corn
- 2 tbsp Butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown ground beef in fry pan until cooked.
- Combine beef and cream of mushroom soup. spread in bottom of casserole dish.
- Top with can of corn and spread mashed potatoes over top. pour melted butter over potatoes to coat top of casserole.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until heated through and potatoes start to brown.
I also have a Pinterest Board for my $25 Meal Plans set up HERE. This includes previous meal plans and some recipe links.
Please comment, offer suggestions, ask questions and share recipes. This feature is to help people see it IS possible to eat well on a tight budget.
This weekly feature will have at least one meal plan for 4 to 5 supper meals that will feed a family of 4. Some weeks I will show 2 meal plans, but I may not be able to do that every week based on flyer sales.
Most of the items purchased will be flyer or in store sales, and I will try to incorporate coupons, cash back and points offers when I can.
Be sure to let me know if you are enjoying this weekly feature by commenting on the blog below. Your feedback is the best way to let me know I should keep doing something!
Keep an eye on the blog, or subscribe to my newsletter so you don’t miss these each week!
PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT an entire grocery order, and we do eat much more in the way of protein and veggies throughout the day/week. This feature is simple to show you what can be done with $25 and trying to keep it to real food, from scratch cooking.