This summer we have another bucket list of activities to do and destinations to visit in New Brunswick with our family. We are sharing ideas and things to see and do with an 8-year-old.
Our goal for this summer with our family is all about finding new places to EXPLORE, new things to LEARN and trying new local food to EAT.
Here is our bucket list, and below you will find ideas in New Brunswick to fulfill this bucket list. These are the places we will likely try to fill our own bucket list this summer.
♦ Experience 5 Unique To New Brunswick Adventures (sea cliffs, boat tour, winery visit, etc.)
♦ Visit at least 10 Museums/ Historic Sites in New Brunswick
Visiting 10 museums may seem like a big goal, but we love history and will stop at all the little museums in smaller towns as well.
♦ Hike to some Waterfalls
♦ Visit 5 or more Covered Bridges
(many covered bridges are listed here)
♦ Visit and explore 6 new beaches (ocean, river or lake).
Here are some we have already explored.
♦ Visit 5 or more different Farmer’s Markets
♦ Visit 4 new Restaurants / Food Trucks / Take Outs
We are using resources like the Fundy Biosphere Amazing Places map to help in picking day trips and outdoor adventures this summer.
Another resource we reference regularly when planning our New Brunswick adventures on the Fundy coast is the Fundy Tide Tables.
Some of Our Picks for Farmer’s Markets
(watch our website at Our New Brunswick for a list of all the NB Farmers Markets)
- Sackville Farmer’s Market (Saturdays)
- Queen Square Farmer’s Market in Saint John (Sundays)
- Kingston Farmer’s Market Cooperative (Saturdays)
- Shediac Market (Sundays)
- Hillsborough Farmer’s Market (Saturdays)
- St. Martin’s Farmers Market (Sundays)
- Marche Moncton Market (Saturdays)
- Dieppe Market (Saturdays)
- Bouctouche Farmer’s Market (Saturdays)
Our Picks for Museums/Historic Sites in New Brunswick
- King’s Landing Historical Site in Prince William
- New Brunswick Museum in Saint John
- Fort Beauséjour—Fort Cumberland National Historic Site in Aulac
- Beaubears Island in Miramichi
- Beaverbrook House in Miramichi
- Campbell Carriage Factory Museum in Sackville
- Boultenhouse Heritage Center in Sackville
- New Brunswick Railway Museum in Hillsborough
- Albert County Museum in Hopewell Cape
- NB Military History Museum in Oromocto
- Fredericton Region Museum in Fredericton
- Resurgo Place in Moncton
- Treitz House (Moncton)
On Our List Of Unique New Brunswick Adventures
Remember to go off the beaten path. Here’s one example of an adventure we took out a dirt road (based on seeing this beach on Google Maps!)