- Go through flyers for best prices. Also check online for specials at local butchers, farmer’s markets, bakeries and shops.
- Check freezer, fridge, pantry and make as many meals as possible with these items and items on sale this week.
- Make menu and shopping list.
I usually use this format to plan. Not assigning a day to the meal, but rather having everything prepped to make whichever I feel like doing that day. Here is my plan for this week. Recipes will be added as well, as I get them photographed and posted.
There are some alterations included for my meals, as I am starting a new meal plan for me in my weight loss journey. Minor adjustments to keep me on track.
Supper Time Planned Meals: February 12 to 18
- Roast Chicken, Potatoes and Veggies (spinach salad for me)
- Salmon and Rice (Salad for me)
- Chicken Fajitas (mine wrapped in romaine lettuce)
- Chicken Soup and Biscuits
- Pasta with pesto and Tuna Salad (Tuna salad in lettuce for me)
- Burgers with Baked Potato and Carrot Fries.
Our lunches are usually salad or wrap with some kind of protein (Chicken, Tuna, Egg, etc), or leftovers from supper. School lunches are usually NOT sandwiches, as my oldest does not like them.
So I get creative with what we have on hand. Meat chunks, grape tomatoes, cheese cubes, cut up veggies, etc…
We have options ready and available.
- Breakfast Burritos
- Banana Muffins
- Boiled Eggs
- Omelets (onions, mushrooms and peppers cooked and frozen)
- Overnight Oatmeal
- waffles (Clayton eats these most days. I have to start making our own….goal for another week!)
- yogurt, fruit, cereal always an option
- Apples (with peanut butter)
- Sliced Peppers, Celery & Carrots
- Cereal Bars / Granola Bars (kids)
- Protein Balls
- Crackers & cheese
- Boiled Eggs
Once again this week, I didn’t purchase much. Most of our meals were planned around what I had on hand in the freezer and pantry.
- Eggs $1.77 x2 dozen
- Peppers 2pk 50% off $1.50
- Baby Spinach $4.99 (FREE with gas receipts @ Sobey’s)
- Waffles x2 $1.49 (FREE, gas receipts)
- Avocados x2 $1 (FREE, gas receipts)
- Carrots $1.49
- Tortillas $3.50
- Block Cheese $3.99 x4 (stock up)
- Whole Chicken $8.26
- TOTAL SPENT: $34.25
ITEMS ON HAND:
- Salmon (frozen)
- Frozen blueberries
- Bacon (for breakfast burritos)
- Pasta cooked in freezer
Here is the list of what I did for prep this week.
- Boil 6 eggs, cool & store in fridge.
- Bake muffins
- Make 6-8 breakfast burritos
- Cook up onions and peppers to freeze for omelets
- Mix up and freeze protein balls
- Cook Chicken
- Make soup from chicken bones
- Portion dates and almonds for snacks.
- Make bread rolls for school lunches