Last week I went a little overboard on menu options and purchased items that I can also stock my freezer with.
Having purchased enough food for the 2 weeks, I am combining the menu plan to show you what we had this week, and what is planned for the coming week.
I shopped on Thursday last week, and scored some great stock up and other deals. You will see what I mean in the details below.
Basics Of Meal Planning:
- Go through flyers for best prices. Also check online for specials at local butchers, farmer's markets, bakeries and shops.
- Check freezer, fridge, pantry and make as many meals as possible with these items and items on sale this week.
- Make menu and shopping list.
Here's what I purchased last Thursday:
- 6x brick Cheese 450g $2.54 each
- Instant egg Noodles $0.99
- Broccoli $2.49 50% off sticker= $1.25
- 2x Bell Peppers 4pk $2.88 each
- 2x Dozen Eggs $1.77 each ($3.54)
- Chicken Breasts $3.99/lb (12 pc $22.51)
- Extra Lean Ground Beef $3.99 (about 4 lbs, $14.98)
- Large Baking Ham $0.99/lb (was $26.34) 50% off sticker = $13.17
- 2x 12pk Tortillas 2/$5
- 1 large can Pineapple Tidbits $1.99
Meal Prep for the 2 weeks, including Freezer Meals:
- (8) Burgers in the freezer
- (2) Meat Loaf for the freezer
- (8) Chicken Breast cooked (some to freeze)
- (2) Pineapple Chicken Slow Cooker Meals
- (12) Omelet Muffins
- (2) Ham, Broccoli & Cheese Casserole (1 to freeze)
I usually use this format to plan. Not assigning a day to the meal, but rather having everything prepped to make whichever I feel like doing that day. Here is my plan for this week. Recipes will be added as well, as I get them photographed and posted.
SUPPER TIME MEALS This past WEEK
- Ginger Ale Baked Ham and Hash Brown Casserole + veggies (we had 6 for supper)
- EATING OUT: Wendy's (by request, we ate out for Lorne's birthday)
- Ham, Broccoli & Cheese Casserole
- Roasted Carrots and Parsnip (fries) & Burgers
- Pineapple Chicken & Rice (freezer meal)
SUPPER TIME MEALS THIS coming WEEK
- Ham & Potato Soup
- Chicken Fajitas
- Extreme Goulash (freezer meal)
- Burgers & Salad
- Chicken & Pad Thai
- Meat Loaf & Mashed Potatoes
We have options ready and available.
- Breakfast Burritos
- Banana Muffins / Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Boiled Eggs
- Omelet Muffins
- Pancakes (made ahead and frozen)
- yogurt, fruit, cereal always an option
Most of our lunches are left overs or salad with some form of protein. I use chicken from the roasted chicken I cook each week, or fish to have with salads.
Check out some of our previous meal plans HERE.