When preparing meals ahead to freeze we often think of meat, stews, pasta or soups. One of my favourite foods to have prepped is twice baked potatoes. This recipe for Twice Baked Enchilada Sweet Potatoes is even better. It can be served as the main course, or as a side to other veggies or meat.
These can be reheated in the slow cooker, oven or on a grill.
Here is a video with this recipe as well as a Cheesy Chicken Penne and Chicken Fajita Kits.
Twice Baked Enchilada Sweet Potatoes
* 2-3 Sweet Potatoes (baked)
* 1/2 Cup Enchilada Sauce
* 1 Cup Black Beans
* 1 Cup Corn
* 1 Cup Grated Cheese (Mozza or Cheddar)
1. Scoop out baked Sweet Potatoes, leaving a little potato on the skins and place skins on a baking sheet. Set aside.
2. Mash potatoes with a fork, then stir in Beans, Enchilada Sauce, and Corn.
3.Top with cheese and wrap in aluminum foil. Place in a freezer bag to store up to 3 months in the freezer.
4. To Prepare: Thaw overnight, and bake at 400 for 25 minutes to heat through and melt the cheese. They can also be placed in a slow cooker frozen and cooked on low for 6-8 hours (wrapped in the aluminum foil).