This week's $25 Meal Plan is built around root vegetables (great prices available this week). These meal plans are suggestions for anyone trying to really cut costs, while keeping meals as "real food" and as unprocessed as possible. These are not necessarily my personal weekly meal plans. (more…)
This week's $25 Meal Plan is built around a Turkey. These meal plans are suggestions for anyone trying to really cut costs, while keeping meals as "real food" and as unprocessed as possible. These are not my personal weekly meal plans, I will be sharing these in a separate post from now on. (more…)
My #80lbJourney - Getting the hang of this...I thinkThe past month has been a learning experience for me when it comes to food, and looking at it in a whole new light. I am not just eating, I am fueling my body, so that I feel better, have more energy, can workout and sleep better. The mornings are where I see the biggest change. No longer craving coffee is weird, really strange for me. In the past I have had coffee first thing when I wake up, then at least 2 more before noon. Now, I still drink a coffee most days, but not always first thing in the morning, and I am not craving it. It is more habit than anything. Last week I posted this video update, have a look/listen (sorry for the poor audio). I was struggling with sticking to my plan. But got through it! Thanksgiving weekend was looming all week, and I was a little scared how I would make out. You know what! I had turkey, sweet potatoes, apple & pecan coleslaw and a small dish of apple crisp. Everything EXCEPT the dessert fit into my eating routine, I ate at lunch time, so I was okay on starches, and by supper was not hungry, so had a light snack. My 18th wedding anniversary is today,so Saturday night we went on a date night. We went to the movies that night and ate NOTHING! I love theatre popcorn, but I survived without it 🙂 As you already know, on Sept 11th I started my 8 week challenge and today is a big day! Today, in addition to it being Thanksgiving & my anniversary, it is midway weigh in and measure day for my 8 Week Challenge with Journey to Wellness. When I started my journey in July (on my own, no guidance), I started cutting out little things, started working out occasionally at Airtime Fitness, and thought I was making all the right choices. I LOVE my workouts when I get there, and do more at home through their on demand classes, plus Deb provides an exercise routine for the 8 week challenge as well. Starting today, I am going to ramp up the workout routine. I am happy with my results, but feel I focused most of my energy learning how to eat properly, which is half the battle, and although I was working out, my intensity could be higher.
So here it is!
- Sept 11th - 238lbs // TODAY - 230lbs // Down 8lbs in 1 month
- Chest - Lost 4"
- Waist - Lost 4"
- Hips - Lost 3"
- Thigh - Lost 2"
- Calf - Lost 1"
- Continue on my meal planning, prepping and routine
- Drink 3L water every day
- Workout every day, even if it is just a 20 min workout, or half hour on the exercise bike.
- Continue to de-clutter my office (mental health is important too, and clutter is stressful!)
- Make plans for a date night again with hubby. We deserve it. He is on his own weight loss journey and doing great as well!
Read Other Posts About My #80lbJourney
- My 80lb Journey: the starting point to a healthier me (week 1)
- My 80lb Journey: Over the Years & Turning Point (week 1)
- My 80lb Journey: Keep Moving (week 2)
- My 80lb Journey: Calories (week 3)
- My 80lb Journey: One Month Results (week 4)
- My #80lbJourney - Cheesies, Hickory Sticks and Beer! Oh My! (week 5)
- My #80lbJourney – it’s not easy, but it can be done (week 6-7)
- My #80lbJourney – Food, Fuel & A New Perspective