Sunday Meal Prep – Easier meals this week!
This week I chose to cheat a little and also have much of my meal prep done ahead in the freezer.
My meal prep is done for all of our meals, so there are some breakfast, lunch, supper and snack preparations happening in this post each week.
The cheating part was to pick up 2 rotisserie chicken for $15. This will give us 3 supper time meals, 2-3 lunches and a big pot of chicken and veggies soup.
Being on a fairly strict eating plan at the moment, getting my body back to cleaner eating and building muscle, my meals are pretty focused on Chicken and Fish. That being said, I also purchased a large bag of frozen white fish for $9, this will be for a couple supper time meals for the family and some for future lunches for myself. You can see details in Our Weekly Meal Plan.
As I get back on track and continue to tweak the family meals to become healthier, I will also switch our buying to more local and fresh food. So much to figure out and try to budget for. One step at a time….I keep repeating that at every turn in this process.
What I did to prep this week:
- Boiled 6 eggs
- Removed all chicken from 2 rotisserie chicken
- Boiled chicken bones for stock
- Made Chicken Veggie Soup in slow cooker
- Baked 2 loaves of bread
- Baked one batch of Buttery Biscuits
- Portioned celery, carrots and cucumber for grab and go snacks
- Spinach one bag cooked and portioned for 4 supper meals.
- Hamburger patties made and frozen (1 lb extra lean ground beef = 5 burgers)
- Cook 8 oz of fish for a couple lunches this week
- Grapes, washed and some portioned for kids snacks, rest on the counter for quick snacks at home
- Roasted veggies (zucchini, sweet potato and carrots)
Already prepped in freezer or cupboard:
- Cooked and portioned quinoa and rice for my lunches
- Fried up Onions & peppers (with a little coconut oil) portioned and frozen, for use in omelets at breakfast or evening snacks
- Pancakes and breakfast burritos for the kids
- Smoothie bags (fruit, spinach and yogurt) to pop in blender with some juice or coconut milk
- Snacks portioned and bagged (almonds)
When there are prepped options in the fridge and freezer, I find it much easier to stay on track and make healthier decisions when it comes to food.
Do you meal prep? What are some items you prep every week?