Are you looking for a low calorie, veggie and nutrient packed lunch? Check out this spinach bowl. I created this when I was looking at what was in my fridge and needed a healthy option for lunch. I eat salad almost daily for lunch, so I wanted something a little different. We always seem to have Spinach on hand, so I whipped this dish up with the veggies I had available in my fridge. This is one recipe I will be changing up and sharing different variations of in the future.
Serves 2 (full meal bowls) or 4 (as a side)
- 4 -6 cups of fresh Spinach
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 sweet Pepper, diced (I used 1/2 red and 1/2 yellow)
- 1/2 Red Onion, diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- Juice from 1/2 Lemon (if you like Balsamic Vinegar better, use 1 1/2 tsp in place of Lemon)
- 1/2 cup diced Feta Cheese
- Using a large frying pan, heat Olive Oil and add Peppers, Onion and Garlic. Stir and cook until onion is soft.
- Add Spinach and cook approximately 4 minutes until wilted.
- Add Lemon juice and stir to mix well.
- Place in bowls and add Feta cheese, mix it in or leave on top.