Skinny Chai Tea Latte – Homemade and No Frother Needed
I am not a huge flavoured coffee or tea fan. Although, one thing I do enjoy is Chai Tea. The spice combination is one of my favourite. If I go to a cafe, my usual order is either coffee or a Chai Tea Latte. Knowing I like frugal options, you probably have guessed I do not pay for them often. In fact, I make my own at home from time to time and it satisfies the craving for something different from my daily coffee fix.
How I make my Skinny Chai Tea Latte!
- Brew Chai Tea and pour into a mug.
- Using a steamer/frother or bottle (mason jar ***), froth your milk. I use either Skim or 1 % milk for this.
- Pour frothy milk on top of the tea.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and/or nutmeg.
- Voila, a skinny latte made at home, saving you big $$!
I may have gone a little overboard on my “sprinkle” of cinnamon, but you certainly can use less.
Here’s my post about my substitute for a milk frother: Who Needs A Frother?
*** If you want to heat the milk to make a frothier drink. Use a Mason Jar (as pictured above) and follow these instructions:
- Seal the lid tightly.
- Shake the milk in the jar for 30 to 45 seconds, until you have a good foam.
- Take the lid off of the jar.
- Microwave the milk on high for 20 to 30 seconds.
- The foam should rise to the top.
- Add this to brewed tea.