This frugal and hearty soup is a must on cool Fall days or over winter.
You can make this up and freeze, or prep it in about an hour. It will take about 15 minutes prep time and 30 to 40 minutes to cook. Then simply blend to make it a smooth and creamy bowl of warmth!
You will need:
- 1 Tbsp butter or oil
- 2 lb potatoes
- 3 leeks
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 garlic clove
- sea salt
- fresh thyme
- bay leaf (optional)
- Peel and cube potatoes, chop up white and light green portion of leeks and mince garlic.
- In large pot, melt butter over medium heat, and add leeks and garlic.
- Stir and sautée until tender, then add potatoes, broth, and herbs.
- Stir to combine and bring to a boil. Then simmer back on low for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the soup and serve with a sprinkle of bacon, chives or cracked pepper.