Peppermint Bark, oh so easy!
If you love Candy Canes and Chocolate, then this is the perfect treat for the holidays! Not only does it look amazing, but it is super easy to make and you can whip batch up quickly.
This is a pretty addition to a cookie or sweet tray. It would also make a lovely gift presented in a mason jar with a pretty label and ribbon.
This year we are packing up some pretty boxes with some of this peppermint bark and some Crunchy Snow Mounds as gifts for friends and teachers.
This is such an easy holiday treat. You can play with the layers, using different variations. White, Dark and then White again. Put peppermint extract only in one of the layers, to help accent the flavour of the candy canes.
- 1 package White Chocolate Chips
- 1 package Chocolate Chips (Semi sweet or Milk )
- 1/2 tsp Peppermint Extract
- 6-8 Candy Canes
- Line cookie sheet with sides (bar pan) with parchment paper.
- Melt semi sweet chocolate in the microwave. Put it on 30 seconds and stir, then 30 seconds more until smooth.
- Spread chocolate on parchment paper with a spatula and place pan in freezer or fridge for 15 minutes.
- Using chopper or zippered bag and rolling pin, crush candy Canes and set aside.
- Melt white chocolate in the microwave using the same instructures as above. Stir in Peppermint extract.
- Remove cookie sheet from fridge and spread white chocolate in a layer on top of the darker chocolate.
- While white chocolate is still soft, sprinkle candy cane on top and tap into the chocolate a little with palm of your hand.
- Place in fridge until set, about 1/2 hour, or until chocolate is set. Break in pieces and store in airtight container in fridge for up to 2 weeks .