Our Weekly Meal Plan - March 12th
Getting back into a regular routine with school back in and my Sculpt menu plan in place. This week's menu is mostly from our freezer with a few fresh food purchases.
- Go through flyers for best prices. Also check online for specials at local butchers, farmer's markets, bakeries and shops.
- Check freezer, fridge, pantry and make as many meals as possible with these items and items on sale this week.
- Make menu and shopping list.
Here's what I purchased:
- 1 large bag spinach $2.97
- Apples $4.99
- Bananas $1.99
- 1lb extra lean ground beef $3.75
- Sweet Potatoes $2.64
- 2x Dozen Eggs $1.77 each
- 10kg flour $7.99
I usually use this format to plan. Not assigning a day to the meal, but rather having everything prepped to make whichever I feel like doing that day. Here is my plan for this week. Recipes will be added as well, as I get them photographed and posted.
MEALS THIS WEEK
- Hamburgers & Homemade frozen French Fries (making some sweet potato fries as well)
- Spinach Bowl and Chicken
- Pan Fried Fish & Spinach Salad (roasted veggies or rice, if others do not want salad)
- Chicken Pesto Pasta
- Homemade Pizza (dough recipe)
- Roasted Veggies and Baked Fish
We have options ready and available.
- Breakfast Burritos (in freezer)
- Banana Muffins
- Boiled Eggs
- Pancakes (in freezer, to pop in toaster)
- yogurt, fruit, cereal always an option
- apples (with peanut butter)
- Sliced celery & carrots
- cereal bars / granola bars (kids)
- crackers & cheese
- yogurt (plain greek with berries or 1 tsp maple syrup)
- boiled eggs