Halloween is getting close and we have a round-up of Our Best Family Halloween Tips! In addition to general tips and ideas, we have added local details and links to help you plan, although these tips and ideas are helpful for everyone, regardless of where you live.
Activities To Do At Home
- Carve or Paint Pumpkins together for a fun afternoon or evening activity. You can find real pumpkins at local markets like the Green Pig Market in Salisbury and Farmer Browns Greenhouse in Hillsborough Parish, or pick your own at at a local pumpkin patch.
- Be sure to make some Spooky Treats leading up to Halloween or on the big day! We have some awesome ideas and recipes pinned on our Halloween Pinterest board.
- Plan ahead and make your own Halloween Costumes. Here are some ideas for DIY Halloween Costumes
- Create a scavenger hunt around your home. We did this last year for Clayton when we were at my mom’s getting the house ready to sell.
Here are the clues we did last year at my mom’s house:
- Halloween is a night when you get to stay up late. Your next clue is hidden where you find a cup or a plate.
- Halloween night can be scary, but it does not need to be. The next clue is hidden where your hairbrush would be.
- We’ll all dress up in costumes to celebrate Halloween. Your next clue is found where your clothes go to get clean.
- Halloween is full of wonderful treats, go look inside where you would bake something sweet.
- Happy Halloween and congrats on a great race, now look in your closet to put a smile on your face!
- Grab some treats and enjoy some Halloween movies with the kids. What are some of your favourite Family Halloween movies?
We have enjoyed Hotel Transylvania, Scooby-Doo (several different titles), the original Ghost Busters, Casper and Hocus Pocus. For the little kids, Spooky Buddies or Pooh’s Heffalump Halloween Movie.
- Make some Halloween decor for inside or outside. We have lots of ideas pinned on our Halloween Pinterest Board.
- Have A Dance Party
Kids love to dance, and it makes them so happy when we adults join in the silliness and fun. Hit play on our playlist and have a boogie blast! Check out our Halloween Dance Party Playlist on Spotify!
In The Community
- Go for a drive or walk to see some of the amazing Halloween Displays people put together in their yards. Here is a map of Halloween Displays in Greater Moncton.
Be sure to check some out daytime as well. There are many that are not well lit, and during the daytime, you can see and appreciate all the details.
Tips for finding events in the community:
- Start by searching “Trunk or Treat” in your area. Many organizations and churches offer events that include trick or treating leading up to Halloween.
- In many communities, Individual stores and businesses may have events happening as well. Do a search on Facebook for events in your area. Also, check smaller local shops, some will give out treats for the kids who visit in costume.
A few planned activities happening in Greater Moncton are:
AT FARMER BROWN’S: Advanced tickets are suggested and can be purchased by sending a message to our Facebook page or text 506-878-9285
AT THE MAGNETIC HILL ZOO:
🎃Boo at the Zoo at the Magnetic Hill Zoo dtarts this weekend from 10 am to 4 pm. Activities include: zoo animals; the playground; inflatable playsets; and Halloween venues that are not-scary, moderately scary, and very scary. www.moncton.ca/booatzoo
👻Tickets are available for purchase now. Please remember that tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable, and are on **limited supply.** Use the promo code MZM5 to receive a 5% discount. Go to https://tickets.moncton.ca/ to buy yours today!!
TRUEMAN BLUEBERRY FARM (in Aulac, NB):
Sunday, October 31st, to Trick or Treat around the farm! The cost is $13 per person which includes access to all outdoor activities plus treats 👻 Come dressed up and receive an extra treat for free!
Please reserve your time slot online at truemanblueberryfarms.ca