This week's $25 Meal Plan went a little over budget and is built around a ham, eggs and great produce prices. These meal plans are suggestions for anyone trying to really cut costs, while keeping meals as "real food" and as unprocessed as possible. These are not my personal weekly meal plans, I will be sharing these in a separate post from now on.
Please comment, offer suggestions, ask questions and share recipes. This feature is to help people see it IS possible to eat well on a tight budget.
This weekly feature will have at least one meal plan for 4 to 5 supper meals that will feed a family of 4. Some weeks I will show 2 meal plans, but I may not be able to do that every week based on flyer sales.
Most of the items purchased will be flyer or in-store sales, and I will try to incorporate coupons, cashback and points offers when I can.
Be sure to let me know if you are enjoying this weekly feature by commenting on the blog below. Your feedback is the best way to let me know I should keep doing something!
Our Family's meal plan for the week will be posted shortly for the next flyer cycle, including our breakfast and lunch options. Keep an eye on the blog, or subscribe to my newsletter so you don't miss them!
PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT an entire grocery order, and we do eat much more in the way of protein and veggies throughout the day/week. This feature is simple to show you what can be done with $25 and trying to keep it to real food, from-scratch cooking.
WHAT CAN I BUY FOR $25 TODAY?
- Johnsonville Sausages $3.99-$2 (mail out coupon)=$1.99 OR I picked up 16 sausages for $7.50 at Walmart (that would be over budget but a good deal if you don't have the coupon above)
- Broccoli $0.99 (Coop/IGA)
- Cauliflower $0.99 (Coop/IGA)
- Potatoes 5lb $3.99 (Atlantic Superstore)
- Peppers 4pk $3.97 (Walmart)
- Carrots discount bag $1.00 (Walmart)
- Eggs 18 pk $2.97 (Walmart)
- English Cucumber $0.77 (Walmart)
- Celery $0.97 (Walmart)
- Maple Leaf Ham $5.99 (Lawtons)
- Bread $1.77 (shoppers)
Total: $25.40 if you have the sausage coupon. If not total is $27.40
I have the following on hand:
- Herbs & seasonings
- Potatoes (but i did include them in cost above)
Here are the meals I am suggesting this week:
- One Pan Sausage & Veggies
- Cauliflower Corn & Cucumber Salad
- Baked Western Omelet and pan fried potatoes (homemade hashbrowns)
- Ham & Scallop Potatoes
- French Toast (using the extra eggs)
Check out other meal plans for only $25 or less!
- Sept 13/17 (Zucchini Salad with Lime Basil Dressing, Chicken Taco Wraps, Spaghetti & meatballs, Goulash or Hamburger Soup, Cold Cut Oven Subs - X2 meals)
- Sept 18/17 (Roasted Chicken with Hassle back Potatoes and Carrots, Chicken Noodle Soup & Biscuits, Corn Chowder, Chicken Pot Pie Wreath, Eggs, Bacon & Toutons or Biscuits )
- Sept 25/17 (Turkey Dinner, Left Over Turkey Stew, Left Over Turkey & Potato Cakes, Turkey Poutine & Homemade Baked Fries, Turkey Nachos , Turkey Soup)
- Oct 3/17 (Burgers & Rutabaga Fries, Roasted Root Veggies with Rosemary & Pineapple Chicken, Honey Garlic Chicken, Rice & Steamed Broccoli, French Toast, Carrot Salad & Biscuits)
- Oct 10/17 (One Pan Sausage & Veggies, Cauliflower Corn & Cucumber Salad, Baked Western Omelet and pan-fried potatoes, Ham & Scallop Potatoes, French Toast)
- Oct 17/17 (Chili, 4- 1/4lb Hamburgers & Homemade Fries, Pulled Pork on a bun with Sweet Potato Fries, Roasted Tomato Soup, Biscuits and left over Chili or Soup for a 5th meal.)
- Oct 23/17 (Salsa Chicken & Roasted Veggies Bowl, Nachos with Onion, Cheese, Gr Beef & Cheese, Big Mac Salad, Tuna Mac n' Cheese, Tomato Soup & Grilled Cheese Sandwiches)
- Nov 13/17 (Chicken Ceasar Salad, Eggs in a nest of roasted potatoes, Spaghetti with Tomato Sauce and Garlic Toast, Beef Stroganoff, French Toast )
- Dec 7/17 (Slow Cooker Garlic Butter Chicken & Pasta, Chicken Fried Rice, French Toast Cinnamon Logs, Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup, BBQ Pork Chops & Potatoes)
- Jan 4/18 (Creamy Pork Chops & Potatoes, Carrot Salad & BBQ Chicken Drumsticks, Rice & Honey Garlic Meat Balls, Potato Wedges & Hamburgers, Potato Soup & Biscuits)
- Jan 11/18 (Homemade Mac n' Cheese, Spaghetti, Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Ginger and Peanuts, Chicken and Ceasar Salad)
- Feb 8/18 (Vegan Roasted Garlic & Cauliflower Soup and Irish Soda Bread, Slow Cooker Baked Beans & Corn Bread, Crispy Potatoes with Chicken Legs and Carrots, Italian Wonder Pot)
- Feb 15/18 (Carrot Soup & Biscuits, Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs with Potatoes & Carrots, Sloppy Joes, Tuna Casserole, Pasta Goulash)
- Feb 26/18 ( Pasta & Sauce with Garlic Toast, Veggie Egg Roll In A Bowl, Skillet Balsamic Garlic Chicken & Rice, Chicken Fajitas, Chicken Caesar Pasta Casserole)
- March 5/18 (Roasted Chicken, Potatoes & Carrots, Homemade Chicken Fricot & Biscuits, Spaghetti & Meatballs, Meat Loaf & Mashed Potatoes, Meatball Subs)
- March 12/18 (Hamburgers & Homemade Fries, Korean Beef and Rice Bowl, Lentil & Root Veggie Soup with Biscuits, Fish Cakes, Leftover Soup and Fish Cakes)
- March 18/18 (Creamy Mushroom Chicken with Potatoes & Carrots, Big Mac Salad, Honey Garlic Chicken & Rice, Chicken Noodle Soup with Biscuits, Eggs with Bacon and Toast)
- March 23/18 (Chicken Parm Sliders, Tilapia with Roasted veggies, Pasta Goulash, Red Beans & Rice)
- April 6/18 (Chicken In A Hurry with Rice, Twice Baked Potatoes with Tuna, Mayo & Corn, Chicken & Potatoes with Garlic Parmesan Sauce, Hamburgers & Homemade French Fries, Simple Shepherd's Pie)
- April 15/18 (Tuscan Sausage & Potato Soup, Honey Balsamic Pulled Pork on Buns, Hamburgers & Homemade Baked Fries, Spaghetti & Meatballs, Simple Pasta Goulash)
- April 21/18 (BBQ Chicken Subs, Egg Salad on Croissant, Easy Chili, Roasted Veggie Quinoa Bowl, Carrot & Ginger Soup, Leftover Chili)
- May 11/18 (Roasted (or grill on BBQ) Chicken Legs with Potatoes & Carrots, Chicken and Gravy on Buttery Biscuits, Broccoli Salad with sliced boiled eggs, Bacon & Eggs, Pasta Bake)
- May 25/18 (Bruschetta Pasta Salad & Crusty Bread, Tuna Casserole, Tomato Hamburger, Vegetable Soup & Buttery Biscuits, Hamburgers & Oven Baked Fries, Twice Baked Potatoes with Sour Cream and Cheese & Stuffed Chicken)
- June 17/18 (Chicken Wraps or Fajitas, Bagels with Cream Cheese and Tomato Cucumber Salad, Creamy Chicken & Mushroom Zoodles, Lemon Broccoli Pasta Skillet, Garlic Chicken & Ceasar Salad)
- June 22/18 (Slow Cooker Chicken Dinner, Big Mac Salad, Egg Bacon and Bagel Sandwiches, Sheet Pan Chicken and Veggies, Grilled Cheese, Tomato & Avocado Sandwiches)
- July 20/18 (Grilled Chicken & Ceasar Salad, Tuna Noodle Casserole BBQ Pork Chops & Grilled Potato slices, Spaghetti & Pasta Sauce, Eggroll In A Bowl)
- Aug 26/18 (Corn on the Cob and Irish Soda Bread, Scallop Potato & Roasted Ham, Spaghetti & Garlic Toast, Lemon Garlic Shrimp & Pasta, Potato Salad & leftover ham)
- Sept 2/18 (French Onion Soup, Honey Garlic Ribs served with Rice, Sheet Pan Chicken & Roasted Veggies, Spinach & Mushroom Omelet, Chicken Fried Rice )
- Sept 17/18 (Roast Chicken DInner with Mini Potatoes, Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin and Broccoli Salad, Spaghetti & Meatballs, Chicken Fajitas, Chicken & Veggie Soup with Buttery Biscuits)
- Oct 18/18 (Baked Lemon Mustard Chicken with Potatoes, Shephard's Pie, Stuffed Peppers (see recipe below), Southwest Chicken Twice Baked Potatoes, Chicken Soup and Biscuits)
- Dec 10/18 (Hamburger Soup & Biscuits, Burgers with Homemade Buns (recipe included) & Homemade Fries, Slow Cooker Garlic Butter Chicken & Pasta (8 servings, enough for 2 meals), Pasta Goulash (6-8 servings))
- Dec 17/18 (Lemon Greek Chicken with Carrots & Potatoes, Tuna Noodle Casserole, BBQ Pork Chops & Baked Potato Wedges, Chicken Stew with Biscuits, Leftovers from previous meals)
- Dec 23/18 (Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin & Hassleback Potatoes, Ham & Scallop Potatoes, Ham & Potato Soup, Fritta & Biscuits, Sausage Skillet)
- Jan 12/19 (Homemade Naan Bread Pizza, Tuna Melts, Meat Loaf and mashed potatoes, Croissants with Egg Salad, Big Mac Salad)
- Jan 20/19 (Pork Meatballs & Herbed Noodles, French Toast & Sausages, Whole Roasted Chicken with veggies, Chicken and Cheese Quesadillas, Chicken Noodle Soup & Homemade Biscuits)
- Jan 25/19 (Creamy Crockpot Mexican Chicken and Rice, Naan Bread Pizzas, Greek Pasta or Quinoa Salad, Spaghetti with Garlic Toast)
- Feb 4/19 (Carrot Soup, Roasted Chicken and Veggie Sheet Pan meal, Lasagna Bake (enough for 2 meals), Tacos )
- Feb 11/19 (Lentil Soup, Shepard's Pie, Chicken Fried Rice, Slow Cooker Poor Man's Stew, Chicken Cacciatore served with spaghetti noodles)
- Feb 25/19 (Roasted Chicken & Veggies, Beefy Quesadillas, Chicken Cesar Salad, Pizza Pockets, Chicken Soup and Biscuits )
- March 2/19 (Lemon Greek Chicken (double recipe) & Greek Pasta Salad, Greek Pasta Salad with shredded chicken, Honey Garlic Meatballs & Rice, Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Burgers and Salad)
- March 16/19 (Chicken Stew & Irish Soda Bread, Spaghetti & Garlic Toast, BBQ Pork Chops, Broccoli & Rice, Biscuits with Chicken & Gravy, Mushroom Soup Baked Pork Chops with Potatoes & Carrots)
- March 24/19 (Carrot Salad (Copper Pennies) & Grilled Pork Tenderloin, Roasted Veggies & Leftover pork, Big Mac Salad, Eggroll In A Bowl, Caesar Salad & Burgers)
- April 7/19 (Omelets, Bacon & English Muffins, Sheet Pan BBQ Chicken with Baked Potato Wedges & Roasted Carrots, Honey Soy Chicken & Rice Stir fry, Bagel Burgers and Homemade Fries, Lentil Soup)
- May 3/19 (Homemade Mac n' Cheese, Baked Ziti, Root Beer BBQ Chicken with Rice & Veggies, Chicken Fried Rice)
- May 30/19 (Burgers on Homemade Buns & Homemade Fries, Chicken In A Hurry & Baked Potatoes, Bagel BLTs, Hamburger Soup & Biscuits, BBQ Chicken & Rice)
- Sept 20/19 (Bagel Burgers with Homemade Fries, Chili & Biscuits, Leek & Potato Soup, BBQ Chicken Legs & Roasted Veggies, Veggie Fritatta)
You may also enjoy this HOW TO MEAL PLAN AND PREP post.