This week's $25 Meal Plan went a little over budget and is built around a ham, eggs and great produce prices. These meal plans are suggestions for anyone trying to really cut costs, while keeping meals as "real food" and as unprocessed as possible. These are not my personal weekly meal plans, I will be sharing these in a separate post from now on.
Please comment, offer suggestions, ask questions and share recipes. This feature is to help people see it IS possible to eat well on a tight budget.
This weekly feature will have at least one meal plan for 4 to 5 supper meals that will feed a family of 4. Some weeks I will show 2 meal plans, but I may not be able to do that every week based on flyer sales.
Most of the items purchased will be flyer or in store sales, and I will try to incorporate coupons, cash back and points offers when I can.
Be sure to let me know if you are enjoying this weekly feature by commenting on the blog below. Your feedback is the best way to let me know I should keep doing something!
Our Family's meal plan for the week will be posted shortly for the next flyer cycle, including our breakfast and lunch options. Keep an eye on the blog, or subscribe to my newsletter so you don't miss them!
PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT an entire grocery order, and we do eat much more in the way of protein and veggies throughout the day/week. This feature is simple to show you what can be done with $25 and trying to keep it to real food, from scratch cooking.
SHOPPING WITH RUTH ANN - WHAT CAN I BUY FOR $25 TODAY?
- Johnsonville Sausages $3.99-$2 (mail out coupon)=$1.99 OR I picked up 16 sausages for $7.50 at Walmart (that would be over budget but a good deal if you don't have the coupon above)
- Broccoli $0.99 (Coop/IGA)
- Cauliflower $0.99 (Coop/IGA)
- Potatoes 5lb $3.99 (Atlantic Superstore)
- Peppers 4pk $3.97 (Walmart)
- Carrots discount bag $1.00 (Walmart)
- Eggs 18 pk $2.97 (Walmart)
- English Cucumber $0.77 (Walmart)
- Celery $0.97 (Walmart)
- Maple Leaf Ham $5.99 (Lawtons)
- Bread $1.77 (shoppers)
Total: $25.40 if you have the sausage coupon. If not total is $27.40
I have the following on hand:
- Herbs & seasonings
- Potatoes (but i did include them in cost above)
Here are the meals I am suggesting this week:
- One Pan Sausage & Veggies
- Cauliflower Corn & Cucumber Salad
- Baked Western Omelet and pan fried potatoes (homemade hashbrowns)
- Ham & Scallop Potatoes
- French Toast (using the extra eggs)