Welcome to Cooking with Clayton, where we make easy recipes for parents and their kids. Let’s get baking with my son Clayton who just turned 6 years old.
Thank you to We Make Scents for gifting this beautiful custom fitted and designed apron to Clayton!
This week on the show we made Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. Be sure to tune in weekly on Tuesday afternoons for another episode of Cooking With Clayton!
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 1/2 Cups Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Cups Oats
- 1 1/2 Cups Raisins
1. Preheat Oven to 375 degrees.
2. In medium bowl, combine flour, bakign powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
3. In mixer cream butter and both sugars. Add eggs and blend well.
4. Slowly add flour mixture until well combined.
5. Add oats and raisins, mixing to combine.
6. Place scoops/spoonfuls of batter on cookie sheets covered in parchment paper.
7. Bake for 12 – 14 minutes.
Let cool and enjoy!
Watch the video here:
Please share and leave a comment for Clayton on this video or in the comments below. We will be back weekly with easy baking recipes for kids.