My #80lbJourney - Getting the hang of this...I thinkThe past month has been a learning experience for me when it comes to food, and looking at it in a whole new light. I am not just eating, I am fueling my body, so that I feel better, have more energy, can workout and sleep better. The mornings are where I see the biggest change. No longer craving coffee is weird, really strange for me. In the past I have had coffee first thing when I wake up, then at least 2 more before noon. Now, I still drink a coffee most days, but not always first thing in the morning, and I am not craving it. It is more habit than anything. Last week I posted this video update, have a look/listen (sorry for the poor audio). I was struggling with sticking to my plan. But got through it! Thanksgiving weekend was looming all week, and I was a little scared how I would make out. You know what! I had turkey, sweet potatoes, apple & pecan coleslaw and a small dish of apple crisp. Everything EXCEPT the dessert fit into my eating routine, I ate at lunch time, so I was okay on starches, and by supper was not hungry, so had a light snack. My 18th wedding anniversary is today,so Saturday night we went on a date night. We went to the movies that night and ate NOTHING! I love theatre popcorn, but I survived without it 🙂 As you already know, on Sept 11th I started my 8 week challenge and today is a big day! Today, in addition to it being Thanksgiving & my anniversary, it is midway weigh in and measure day for my 8 Week Challenge with Journey to Wellness. When I started my journey in July (on my own, no guidance), I started cutting out little things, started working out occasionally at Airtime Fitness, and thought I was making all the right choices. I LOVE my workouts when I get there, and do more at home through their on demand classes, plus Deb provides an exercise routine for the 8 week challenge as well. Starting today, I am going to ramp up the workout routine. I am happy with my results, but feel I focused most of my energy learning how to eat properly, which is half the battle, and although I was working out, my intensity could be higher.
So here it is!
- Sept 11th - 238lbs // TODAY - 230lbs // Down 8lbs in 1 month
- Chest - Lost 4"
- Waist - Lost 4"
- Hips - Lost 3"
- Thigh - Lost 2"
- Calf - Lost 1"
- Continue on my meal planning, prepping and routine
- Drink 3L water every day
- Workout every day, even if it is just a 20 min workout, or half hour on the exercise bike.
- Continue to de-clutter my office (mental health is important too, and clutter is stressful!)
- Make plans for a date night again with hubby. We deserve it. He is on his own weight loss journey and doing great as well!
Read Other Posts About My #80lbJourney
- My 80lb Journey: the starting point to a healthier me (week 1)
- My 80lb Journey: Over the Years & Turning Point (week 1)
- My 80lb Journey: Keep Moving (week 2)
- My 80lb Journey: Calories (week 3)
- My 80lb Journey: One Month Results (week 4)
- My #80lbJourney - Cheesies, Hickory Sticks and Beer! Oh My! (week 5)
- My #80lbJourney – it’s not easy, but it can be done (week 6-7)
- My #80lbJourney – Food, Fuel & A New Perspective