Okay, a little late to the party this week. We spent the weekend away in PEI (blog post coming about our Weekend Wanders) and we have been eating out of the freezer for the past 2 days. So today is Meal Prep Wednesday!
By eating what we have had on hand for the past few weeks, we have not only saved money at the grocery store, but also cleaned out our freezer quite a bit. I am going to completely clean out the fridge freezer today, so only prepped meals are in there. We have a deep freeze with other meals and frozen items in our basement. Boy, does it feel good to get organized!!
Meal prep is the key for us to stay on track. Always having something healthy to grab when needing a little snack is so helpful, and even half prepped meals make a huge difference when running for kids sports 4 nights a week and weekends.
Here’s the list of what I am planning on doing today. Some of this is for just me, or the rest of the family, some is for everyone. (4 year old in the house may mean this gets done over 2 days , craft bags to the rescue!)
- Baking 8 Chicken Breast – adding seasoning, no sauces.
(some to freeze sliced and weighed, some for meals this week)
- Boiling Chicken Broth to make soup (I had 2 rotisserie chicken carcasses in the freezer for this, I keep them and use later.)
- Homemade hash browns (supper tonight and some to freeze)
- Boiling 8 eggs for snacks/breakfasts
- Frying up Onions & Peppers to freeze for omelets and to add to pasta, rice or quinoa
- 4 jars of overnight oats
- Spinach Bowls or salads
- portion almonds & dates
- Large batch of Quinoa cooked and freeze portions
- Large batch of Rice cooked and freeze portions
- Batch of Pancakes to freeze
- Make pack of Homemade Freezer French Fries
Here are some pics of what I have done so far… (Noon on Wednesday)
Homemade hash browns, seasoned and cooked.
Potatoes soaking in cold water, prep for Homemade Freezer French Fries.
Almonds in 1 oz. portions.
- Chicken soup cooking in slow cooker, Rice in microwave and Quinoa on stove at the moment.
- Fried up Onions, peppers and a few mushrooms. Divided and frozen for later use.
- 8 Eggs boiled and in fridge.
And this is what Clayton was up to while I did all this 🙂
Off to have a little dance party break and then back to prepping.
Have a great week and I will be back on Sunday next week, with our meal plan and prep.