Each week I will share our family’s meal plan. This is our actual meal plan, not the $25 meal plan. They will be two seperate posts each week.
There will be 5 supper meals planned below, as weekends are usually left overs, possibly take out or something already prepped in freezer.
I usually use this format to plan. Not assigning a day to the meal, but rather having everything prepped to make whichever I feel like doing that day. Here is my plan for this week. Recipes will be added as well, as I get them photographed and posted.
There are some alterations included for my meals, as I am eating a higher protein, less carb diet. Minor adjustments to keep me on track. For example, salads or roasted veggies in place of some carbs.
- Go through flyers for best prices. Also check online for specials at local butchers, farmer’s markets, bakeries and shops.
- Check freezer, fridge, pantry and make as many meals as possible with these items and items on sale this week.
- Make menu and shopping list.
Supper Time Planned Meals: January 1 to 5
- Rice & Mango BBQ Meatballs
- Cranberry Pork Roast with Potatoes & Carrots
- Greek Orzo Salad & Chicken with Roasted Tomatoes and Feta
- Oven Baked Subs (kitchen tip for subs)
- Thai Noodles (Doug is making)
Our lunches are usually salad or wrap with some kind of protein (Chicken, Tuna, Egg, etc), or leftovers from supper. School lunches are usually NOT sandwiches, as my oldest does not like them.
So I get creative with what we have on hand. Meat chunks, grape tomatoes, cheese cubes, cut up veggies, etc…
We have options ready and available.
- Boiled Eggs
- Omelets (onions, mushrooms and peppers cooked and frozen ahead)
- Overnight Oatmeal
- yogurt, fruit, cereal always an option
- Apples (with peanut butter)
- Sliced Celery & Carrots
- Granola Bars (kids)
- Crackers & cheese
- Boiled Eggs
This week I didn’t purchase much. We did go to Codiac Organics for our eggs and potatoes. Most of our meals were planned around what I had on hand in the freezer and pantry.
- Organic Eggs $6.50
- Potatoes $6.99
- Apples $4.99
- Celery $1.79
- TOTAL SPENT: $20.27
ITEMS ON HAND:
- Chicken Breasts (in freezer, bought on clearance $1.49/lb)
- Pork Roast (in freezer from large Pork Loin Costco)
- meatballs (frozen, sale before Christmas at Superstore)
- Sub meat (in freezer)
- BBQ Sauce
- Orzo Pasta