Banana bread, it’s one of those comfort foods I remember eating for as long as I can remember.
Although banana bread is very simple to make, many people like to add some goodies to the basic recipe. Sometimes we add chocolate chips or even cocoa to make a Chocolate Banana Bread. Or perhaps you like a nutty addition to your banana bread. Adding almonds, walnuts or pecans gives your bread a whole new flavour.
Natalie’s Banana Bread
2-3 very ripe bananas, peeled
1/3 cup melted butter or margarine
1 cup of sugar
1 egg (beaten)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
Dash of salt
1 1/2 cups of flour
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 4×8-inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, start by mashing the bananas with a fork until smooth. Next, stir the melted butter/ margarine into the mashed bananas.
- Mix in the baking soda and a dash of salt. Stir in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract. Mix in the flour last.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes at 350°F or until a tester comes out clean when inserted in the center.
- Remove from oven and cool completely on a rack. Remove the banana bread from the pan.
- Slice and serve.
This recipe easily doubles as well 🙂
Hope you enjoy it!
Recipe submitted by Natalie Leslie