Kids Craft: Egg Carton Spider
Do you keep Egg Cartons, thinking you will use them in a craft project, and they are piling up? Here is a cute or creepy little craft you can do with the kids. Great addition to Halloween decor or just to add to your creative creature collection. We have a Swirly Snake and Turkey craft available as well.
What You Will Need:
- Egg Cartons
- Glue (stick or white glue)
- Googly Eyes
- Pipe Cleaners
- Paint or Markers
Prepping the pieces:
- Start by breaking apart the egg carton and trimming around the section to make it even. This will be the bottom “belly” of the spider.
- Decide what colour or colours you want your spiders to be and colour or paint the egg carton pieces. Let dry, if painted.
- Pipe cleaners need to be cut in half. you will need 2 pipe cleaners per spider, making 4 halves to use on each.
How to assemble:
- Adult Needed: Once the bodies are dry, use end of pipe cleaner, or point of scissors to poke 4 holes on each side of the spider’s body. I had a small picture nail that I used, making it much easier to poke holes.
- Thread pipe cleaners across inside the spider body, as pictured.
- Flip over spider and form legs by making three bends in the pipe cleaner. One close to body, angled up, then half way along, bend down to table, and turn a small piece back up at the end.
- Using glue, add googly eyes to your spiders. You can add as many eyes as you like.
There you go, cute spiders to help in your Halloween decorating. I am putting some of these in our shrub next to the front door on Halloween night. You can hang on string from door frames or position on a web made of cheese cloth or cotton string.
Have fun making these in various colours. They can be super cute in bright colours, or slightly creepy if made black or brown. Mine are always colourful!
More Halloween Themed Posts: