In our home, peanut butter is a staple. We all love it, even though hubby and I are following a keto diet and eating natural peanut butter now.
Keto Friendly Peanut Butter Cookies – Gluten Free
This recipe is a keto friendly variation of my “go to recipe” when we wanted a sweet peanut buttery treat. A gluten free, sugar free option to the traditional peanut butter cookie.
If you are making these with Natural Peanut butter, you will have to add flour (we used almond flour), so they are not too runny. Using other peanut butters may require less flour, since it will be thicker. It was trial and error this morning, and I think I nailed it for an occassional treat, for the keto plan, and the whole family can enjoy a Peanut Butter snack!
Easy Keto Friendly Peanut Butter Cookies - Gluten Free
- 1 cup Natural Peanut Butter
- 3/4 cup Powdered Stevia
- 1 large Egg
- 1/2 Cup Almond Flour (adjust to suit, because the natural PB is quite liquid)
- 1 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 350. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or baking mat.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium size mixing bowl. It can be done by hand, this recipe is easy to stir.
- Scoop into balls (or roll in your band) to make 12 - 14 cookies. You can also mark with a fork for a crisscross pattern.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove from oven and let cool before eating. Enjoy!
- They are 175 Calories, 4 net carbs and 15g Fat each.
- I wanted to add a little chocolate flavour to the Keto version of these, so I mixed 2 Tbsp Cocoa and 1 Tbsp Cocount Oil. Microwave for 15 seconds and stir. Using a spoon, drizzle over cookie and let set.
- Options: You can melt Sugar Free Chocolate Chips with a little vegetable or coconut oil and use to drizzle as well.