It's Turkey Time - Toilet Paper Roll Craft
With Thanksgiving right around the corner, we figured it is time to do some turkey themed crafts and projects for the kids. With the help of fellow Atlantic Canadian bloggers, we have put together a Turkey themed blog hop of projects you will want to try out this year!
Links to all the projects are at the bottom of this post.
My contribution to the hop is this cute Toilet Paper Roll Turkey. Clayton and I had fun making these, and if you can find large googly eyes, they are the best look for this one!
What You Need:
- 1 Toilet Paper Roll (empty)
- 2 Googly Eyes (the bigger the better)
- Assortment of colourful feathers
- markers or paint
- small piece of Yellow/orange paper
- small piece of Red paper
- Glue (ours was Purple that dries clear, you can see it in the pics)
- Start by colouring or painting the toilet paper roll brown, or whatever colour you want the turkey to be.
- Using Yellow paper, cut a diamond shape and fold in half to make the beak. Using red paper, cut red shape to make the wattle (piece hanging below beak)
- Glue eyes, wattle and beak on toilet paper roll for face.
- Glue feathers on back of toilet paper roll to represent the colourful tail. I used another rectangle of brown paper to help cover base of feathers and hold in place, as pictured)
That's it, you will have a cute little Turkey to add to your Thanksgiving decor.
Be sure to hop around to the other blogs with the projects below. Our Hop theme was Turkey...so there are crafts and recipes. Enjoy!