It's Turkey Time - Toilet Paper Roll Craft
With Thanksgiving right around the corner, we figured it is time to do a turkey themed craft. This simple toilet paper roll turkey can be made with supplies you have around the house, or easily picked up at your local dollar store.
Clayton and I had fun making these, and if you can find large googly eyes, they are the best look for this one!
What You Need:
- 1 Toilet Paper Roll (empty)
- 2 Googly Eyes (the bigger the better)
- Assortment of colourful feathers
- markers or paint
- small piece of Yellow/orange paper
- small piece of Red paper
- Glue (ours was Purple that dries clear, you can see it in the pics)
- Start by colouring or painting the toilet paper roll brown, or whatever colour you want the turkey to be.
- Using Yellow paper, cut a diamond shape and fold in half to make the beak. Using red paper, cut red shape to make the wattle (piece hanging below beak)
- Glue eyes, wattle and beak on toilet paper roll for face.
- Glue feathers on back of toilet paper roll to represent the colourful tail. I used another rectangle of brown paper to help cover base of feathers and hold in place, as pictured)
That's it, you will have a cute little Turkey to add to your Thanksgiving decor.
Be sure to check out our other toilet paper crafts: