In The kitchen is a weekly show over on our Facebook page. Usually we prep freezer meals or meal prep for that week. This week I prepped 2 Keto friendly freezer recipes, Chicken & Bacon Chowder, and Easy Taco Bake.
Check out the video below and the recipes follow.
Chicken & Bacon Chowder - Keto / Low Carb
This chowder can be prepped as a freezer meal. Prep ahead and have on hand to pop in the slowcooker for an easy meal.
- 2-4 Chicken Breast cubed
- 12 oz Mushrooms sliced
- 1 Leek chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 8 oz block Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 16 oz Chicken Broth
- 1 lb Bacon cooked and crumbled
- Combine all ingredients (except Chicken Broth and Bacon) in a freezer bag. Place in freezer for up to 3 months.
- Remove from freezer and thaw in refridgerator overnight. Cook in slowcooker for 4-6 hours.
Keto Taco Bake
To follow the Keto / Low Carb lifestyle, this taco bake can be served as a dip with veggies, a topping for zoodles, or filling for a romaine leaf taco!
- 2 lbs Ground Beef
- 2 Tbsp Taco Seasoning
- 1 Cup Salsa
- 16 oz Cottage Cheese
- 8 oz Cheese shredded
- Brown ground beef with taco seasoning.
- Place all ingredients in freezer bag or caserole dish.
- Thaw overnight in refridgerator and cook in slowcooker on low for 6 hrs or bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes.