Homemade Granola Bars
These homemade granola bars are my all time favourite snack on the go. They combine oats and rice crispy cereal for the base, and the honey, maple syrup and chocolate chips make then chewy and sweet!
These are a no bake granola bar that can be made up quickly in the evenings for the next day’s treat! Check links below this recipe, for other recipes for homemade granola bars.
I like to wrap them in parchment paper for packing in lunches. One nice thing about making your own bars is that you can cut them to the size you like. Squares or bars are perfect for school or work lunches, or a simple sweet snack at home.
Make these homemade granola bars your own:
This is my basic chocolate chip homemade granola bar recipe. Feel free to experiment with other ingredients, like adding raisins, dried cranberries or nuts & seeds. You can also add peanut butter in place of the regular butter, for an added peanut buttery kick.
Homemade Granola Bars
- 6 Tbsp unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup pure Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar [light or dark]
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt extra to taste
- 2 cups Quick-Cooking or Instant Oats
- 2 cups crispy Rice Cereal
- 1/4 cup Flax Meal
- 3 - 4 Tbsp mini Chocolate Chips
- Line a 9x9 square baking dish with aluminum foil or parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt your butter in a large saucepan.
- Once butter is melted, add your maple syrup, honey, brown sugar, vanilla, and sea salt. Stir to mix
- Turn heat on low and simmer until just bubbling, then whisk and remove from heat.
- Add the flax, oats, and cereal and stir until the dry ingredients are fully coated and sticking together.
- Fold in your chocolate chips and then pour into your foil-lined baking dish.
- Using a spatula, press the mixture until well-compacted.
- Cover pan with a sheet of foil.
- Chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours, this will help the bars cool and set.
- 10. Remove granola bars from pan and place on a cutting board.
- 11. Cut the granola bars to the desired size and shapes.
More recipes for homemade granola bars from fellow Canadian Bloggers:
- How to make granola bars – Older Mommy Still Yummy (here is her molasses version as well)
- Dark Chocolate & Cherry Granola Bars – the Bewitchin Kitchen
- Variation No Bake Energy Balls – East Coast Mommy
3 thoughts on “Homemade Granola Bars”
These look great! My boys are always looking for summer snacking options. 🙂
Looks yummy and easy to make! I’ll try to make them 🙂
They are really simple and you can customize them to taste. Enjoy!